Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: What would you like to see in BibleWorks 10?

Default Peshitta OT, PLEASE!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Great question ! I'd like to see the morphological tagged OT Peschitta (available in the internet already) and an update of the CNTTS apparatus, with more features and more manuscripts. This apparatus was the key element why I updated on BW 9 and I haven't regred it.
    When do you think BW 10 will be released ?
    Yours in Christ !
    Peter, Germany
    I've been waiting for an OT Peshitta for years. When I inquired a year or two ago, they were "working" on it.

Unless it's imminent, I may have to switch to one of the competitors, both of whom have it. Does anyone have a recommendation as to who has the best version? Or is there an online database that I can download myself and add to BibleWorks?

At present I'm using the PEH for the Peshitta NT, supplemented with the PHV which I downloaded to get the vowel pointings. It would be nice if BibleWorks would come out with not only an OT Peshitta but also a revision of the NT, so that both are tagged, contain vowel pointing and are viewable in standard Hebrew characters.

PLEASE, PLEASE!!!

Eric

I sure do miss Robertson's Word Pictures being in BW.
    David Spear
    Calvary Chapel of Manassas
    Manassas, Va. 20110
    http://www.calvarychapelmanassas.org/
    KJV Romans 3:28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without (apart from) the deeds of the law.

Default Command line typos

Maybe this is something someone has already suggested, or that has been thought about at length by Bibleworks staff, but I would really like to see a change in the way the command line responds to mistakes. At the moment, if you type in an invalid command line search, it prompts a pop-up box telling you that you have made a mistake, but then it blanks out what you have just written. I would prefer it to leave the command line mistake in place so you only have to change one character to get the thing to work, rather than having to re-type the whole thing again.

Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Wilson View Post
    Maybe this is something someone has already suggested, or that has been thought about at length by Bibleworks staff, but I would really like to see a change in the way the command line responds to mistakes. At the moment, if you type in an invalid command line search, it prompts a pop-up box telling you that you have made a mistake, but then it blanks out what you have just written. I would prefer it to leave the command line mistake in place so you only have to change one character to get the thing to work, rather than having to re-type the whole thing again.

Andrew
    Hello Andrew,

You do know that, when that happens, you can just use "arrow up" to have that line come back again, don't you? That's a VERY nice little function that I constantly find helpful. It also works for bringing back other commands in the search line: typed-in references, search limits, etc.

Regards and best wishes during this Christmas season,

Don Cobb
    Aix-en-Provence, France

Quote Originally Posted by calvary View Post
    Yes, I am aware of it being available in Logos & Accordance. If there's any chance it might be included in BW I'll hold out.
    I generally only use Logos for commentaries and Accordance for language resources BW doesn't have. Other than that BW is my go to for most of my study material.

Blessings,
    Dave

I would very much like to back this suggestion. The upper most "deal breaker" of BW is, in my opinion, the ressource summary window. BW should really do more to release tagged modules that will bolster their competitive lead here.

Another ressource that greatly would enhance BW's exegetical support would be Baker's Handbooks on the Greek text.

Morten

Arrow

It is now 02-11-2015 which is:
    (a) about two years from 02-11-2013 4:07 AM when this thread was started
    (b) and about four years from June 2011 (actually 3 years and 9 months) since BibleWorks 9 was released.
    Brian K. Mitchell
    חפשו בתורה היטב ואל תסתמכו על דברי
    http://www.adfontes.mitchellbk.com/

Good point.
    Abram K-J
    Pastor, Youth Ministry Consultant, Writer, Blogger
    Blog: Words on the Word

It'd be nice to see a summary of all the suggestions in the thread. No, I'm not volunteering.
    Actually, if I had time I would.

Dave
    David Spear
    Calvary Chapel of Manassas
    Manassas, Va. 20110
    http://www.calvarychapelmanassas.org/
    KJV Romans 3:28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without (apart from) the deeds of the law.

Quote Originally Posted by bkMitchell View Post
    (b) and about four years from June 2011 (actually 3 years and 9 months) since BibleWorks 9 was released.
    Interesting observation. That would have to be the biggest gap between versions, by far . . . correct?
    καὶ ὑπὲρ πάντων ἀπέθανεν ἵνα οἱ ζῶντες μηκέτι ἑαυτοῖς ζῶσιν, ἀλλὰ τῷ ὑπὲρ αὐτῶν ἀποθανόντι καὶ ἐγερθέντι.

Quote Originally Posted by bkMitchell View Post
    I would like to post a possible reason why. If you notice on the BibleWorks homepage, they show Bibleworks running on a tablet, a Surface Pro 3, and a Mac. A Surface Pro 3 is manufactured by Microsoft and is basically a tablet with a keyboard attached. (the keyboard is not included. You have to pay extra for that.) All the screens on the homepage are running Windows except the Mac. The problem is that Windows has not been successful in gaining market share on tablets or phones. Windows has only a 4% market share at this time. My guess is that they are working to get BibleWorks so it's usable on Android and Apple tablets for the long haul. It would be a huge effort. There are a couple of ways that they could do this that I know of but at any rate I'm pulling for the BibleWorks team and look forward to whatever they come up with!!