Thread: How do you uninstall Bibles in other languages?

Default How do you uninstall Bibles in other languages?

When I installed Bibleworks, I just picked to install everything. Now when some program updates occur it takes some time for Bibleworks to index some of those translations, and I'm asked at times to update some of those translations, but honestly, I never use anything other than the English, Greek, and Hebrew Bibles.

Is there a way to uninstall without reinstalling BW10 to remove just Bibles that are in languages that I probably will never use?

I'm not positive on this, but you can try inserting the DVDs or thumb drive as if you were going to install BibleWorks. But it should give you an option to "Modify." Following that, you may be able to select which Bibles you do and do not want to remain installed.
    καὶ ὑπὲρ πάντων ἀπέθανεν ἵνα οἱ ζῶντες μηκέτι ἑαυτοῖς ζῶσιν, ἀλλὰ τῷ ὑπὲρ αὐτῶν ἀποθανόντι καὶ ἐγερθέντι.

Default Uninstalling versions

Quote Originally Posted by stevedaley View Post
    When I installed Bibleworks, I just picked to install everything. Now when some program updates occur it takes some time for Bibleworks to index some of those translations, and I'm asked at times to update some of those translations, but honestly, I never use anything other than the English, Greek, and Hebrew Bibles.

Is there a way to uninstall without reinstalling BW10 to remove just Bibles that are in languages that I probably will never use?
    Lee's suggestion is the normal way yo uninstall features. But for Bible versions there is a slightly easier way. Just go to the Bibleworks "databases" folder and and delete all the files associated with the version. Typically it is just the files with the version id as a file name. For example, to uninstall the ASV version delete <asv.*>. Or you could just move them to a different folder. A simpler way would be to just move or rename the asv.dbu file. Do all this with BibleWorks closed of course.

You do need to proceed with acution though if you use the shortcut route. There are some versions that are required for BibleWorks to function properly (like the KJV, RSV and many of the Greek and Hebrew versions). Using the distribution media protects you somewhat from the possibility of breaking the installation. But if you keep all the Greek, Hebrew and English stuff you should be OK.

mike