Thread: WORDSearch?

Default WORDSearch?

I went to click on my WordSearch bookmark in my Web browser this morning, which takes me to the list of BibleWorks titles, but it took me to a new home page instead... and BibleWorks seems nowhere to be found on the site. It's clearly a new site, but a search of "bibleworks" on the site comes up with nothing... has this partnership ended?

You're right! I see nothing related to BibleWorks at the Wordsearch website. Must be a new development. Perhaps somebody in the know can comment.

Default Wordsearch

Quote Originally Posted by ISalzman View Post
    You're right! I see nothing related to BibleWorks at the Wordsearch website. Must be a new development. Perhaps somebody in the know can comment.
    No change. It is probably just a glitch in the new site.
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by MBushell View Post
    No change. It is probably just a glitch in the new site.
    Mike
    Thanks, Mike. Good to know. I did notice that they have redesigned their website to reflect their acquisition of QuickVerse (my entry-level Bible software dating way back to the early 1990s!). Where have the days gone? Shades of Craig Rairdin! I remember going to one of the first ever Bible and Church Ministry Technology Conferences held in a hotel in Cherry Hill, NJ around that time. Those were exciting days. Man, how computers have revolutionized Bible study! All glory to God! And kudos to BibleWorks for its instrumental and privileged place in computerized Bible study and exegesis!

Yup, looks like they've got some fixin' to do on the site. I'm hoping to grab a couple of the NICNT titles for BW at some point.

Dave
    David Spear
    Calvary Chapel of Manassas
    Manassas, Va. 20110
    http://www.calvarychapelmanassas.org/
    KJV Romans 3:28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without (apart from) the deeds of the law.

Last edited by Michael Hanel; 06-30-2012 at 09:04 PM.
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Hanel View Post

never mind....

Dave
    David Spear
    Calvary Chapel of Manassas
    Manassas, Va. 20110
    http://www.calvarychapelmanassas.org/
    KJV Romans 3:28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without (apart from) the deeds of the law.

I'm not familiar with WORDsearch, but I clicked on Michael's link, and was very impressed with some of what I found there. Specifically, the volumes Dictionary of Jesus and the Gospels, ... of Paul and his Letters, ... of the Later New Testament & Its Developments, and ... of NT Background are fine reference works, no matter what one's theological orientation. And of course the NICOT and NICNT commentaries are highly regarded. Looks interesting!
    David Rensberger
    Atlanta, Georgia