Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: BW8 Notes Tab-Cannot find check box for verse or chapter note???

Default BW8 Notes Tab-Cannot find check box for verse or chapter note???

I am working in BW8. I have tried everything I know to do. My notes tab in BW8 does not have all the buttons or words or boxes that are referred to in Help on Notes. There is no box to check for verse or chapter notes. No auto load or manual load. No display of anything that should appear on that line. I attached a shot from the Study Guide on Notes which has the line I do not have.

I have all the other buttons displayed, i.e."All buttons" through "Hebrew unicode font". What am I missing? I checked the View menu, the Options dialogue for Notes. I have a whole row missing. Obviously, I must have checked or unchecked something. I have been trying things for a few hours now and am dizzy
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Joan Korte; 08-06-2011 at 12:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joan Korte View Post
    I am working in BW8. I have tried everything I know to do. My notes tab in BW8 does not have all the buttons or words or boxes that are referred to in Help on Notes. There is no box to check for verse or chapter notes. No auto load or manual load. No display of anything that should appear on that line. I attached a shot from the Study Guide on Notes which has the line I do not have.

I have all the other buttons displayed, i.e."All buttons" through "Hebrew unicode font". What am I missing? I checked the View menu, the Options dialogue for Notes. I have a whole row missing. Obviously, I must have checked or unchecked something. I have been trying things for a few hours now and am dizzy

Joan,

To get to your verse notes, uncheck the box in front of the word chapter. Having the check in the chapter box means you are taking chapter notes, without it you are taking notes on the current verse.
    Numbers 6:24-26
    יְבָרֶכְךָ יְהוָה וְיִשְׁמְרֶךָ׃
    יָאֵר יְהוָה פָּנָיו אֵלֶיךָ וִיחֻנֶּךָּ׃
    יִשָּׂא יְהוָה פָּנָיו אֵלֶיךָ וְיָשֵׂם לְךָ שָׁלוֹם׃

Default I still have no boxes to check; see attached screenshot

I have checked what you showed to check in Notes options. Still no boxes to check and no auto load. Compare this shot which is how my system looks compared to how it should look above which is a screenshot of BibleWorks StudyGuides How to Use Notes. Name:  MyNotes without check boxes.JPG
Views: 244
Size:  228.3 KB

Name:  Third screen shot.JPG
Views: 281
Size:  221.4 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Neighoff View Post
    Joan,

To get to your verse notes, uncheck the box in front of the word chapter. Having the check in the chapter box means you are taking chapter notes, without it you are taking notes on the current verse.
    Ken,
    I don't have a box in front of the word chapter or even the word chapter. I think my second screen shot shows how my system looks. As far as I can tell, I am missing the line under the word Notes on the tab that should start with "c:\programfiles\bibleworks 8\ and then have a box and then a word Chapter and then Autoload and Load. I seem to be missing a line that is part of the upper menu in Notes. I am not sure what it is actually called.

I hope I am communicating so you can comprehend what my system looks like. Thanks.
    Last edited by Joan Korte; 08-06-2011 at 03:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joan Korte View Post
    Name:  Third screen shot.JPG
Views: 281
Size:  221.4 KB

Ken,
    I don't have a box in front of the word chapter or even the word chapter. I think my second screen shot shows how my system looks. As far as I can tell, I am missing the line under the word Notes on the tab that should start with "c:\programfiles\bibleworks 8\ and then have a box and then a word Chapter and then Autoload and Load. I seem to be missing a line that is part of the upper menu in Notes. I am not sure what it is actually called.

I hope I am communicating so you can comprehend what my system looks like. Thanks.
    Joan,

I thought your first screen shot, was from your computer, not the help file.

From your screen shot, I can see that the line you need is missing. I am sorry, but I do not know how to get that line back.
    Numbers 6:24-26
    יְבָרֶכְךָ יְהוָה וְיִשְׁמְרֶךָ׃
    יָאֵר יְהוָה פָּנָיו אֵלֶיךָ וִיחֻנֶּךָּ׃
    יִשָּׂא יְהוָה פָּנָיו אֵלֶיךָ וְיָשֵׂם לְךָ שָׁלוֹם׃

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Neighoff View Post
    ... I thought your first screen shot, was from your computer, not the help file.

From your screen shot, I can see that the line you need is missing. I am sorry, but I do not know how to get that line back.
    Ditto.

From chapter 50 in the BibleWorks Help, it appears your "status bar" is not visible on your notes tab.

That being the case, I got nothing.........
    Name:  confused-full11.jpg
Views: 222
Size:  18.7 KB

You may consider a "Hail Mary" and insert your install CD/DVD, using the "Repair" option. FWIW.

Default TechSupport Bibleworks

If Bibleworks Tech Support frequents the forums, please address this issue. Thanks!
    And thanks to all who tried!!

Joan,

While the tech people do occasionally stop by the forums, this is basically a users group. You should contact support directly at service@bibleworks.com .

I don't have BW8 up and running any more, so I can't check it out, but in your screen shot you don't have the status bar on the bottom either. Have you tried right-clicking and seeing if there is any option to toggle the status bar? It might be under "View." In BW9 you can toggle the bottom one, but the top is always there. Maybe it's different in 8.

If you can't find a solution, please contact BW Support. Again, the forums is not the right avenue to solicit official help.

I had this happen to me once quite a while ago... I'm trying to remember how I fixed it. If you want to try what I think will do it:
    • Close BW
    • In your Bibleworks8 (or 9) directory, make a copy of these 2 files: bweditc.ini and bweditn.ini
    • NOTE: You will NOT lose any of your notes. You may lose some of your settings you created for taking notes (fonts, font size...).
    • Delete those 2 files
    • Restart BW > It should recreate those 2 files w/ default settings

Hope that works.
    Mark G. Vitalis Hoffman
    Glatfelter Professor of Biblical Studies
    United Lutheran Seminary at Gettysburg & Philadelphia
    uls.edu - CrossMarks.com
    Biblical Studies and Technological Tools