Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: BibleWorks and Textual Criticism

Default New reason for those facsimiles of the mss: METER helps prove AUTOGRAPH

Starting in 02/16, we found that a syllable-counting style I've been documenting in the OT since 2008, which has a five-fold function, is also in the NT. I call it 'Bible meter'. One of the five functions is prophetic, a satirical annual prophecy, this time for Church.

I didn't find the grandaddy prophecy, which is Matt24-25, but someone else did. We tested it, and starting in 02/16 I started documenting how the Greek text uses the same style as Moses started in Genesis 1.

Relevant intro and then the proofing of it (with a side trip showing how scholars have tried and failed to find the Meter since John Knox), starts here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIxH...Xs3Yf&index=42

Vids after the intro take you through a brief tour of the meter in Genesis then to the scholarly attempts and how they failed, then back to Matt24 and its FIVE interlocking NT chapters, to show how the meter gives you a 3D picture of ANNUAL prophecy from 30AD forward.

It's a what-if-the-Rapture doesn't happen timeline, for you'd only need to know, in that case.
    Current time: Matt25:11's 2nd Lord, as the videos illustrate painstakingly, all using Bibleworks and its CNTTS apparatus.

What's most noteworthy about the facsimiles, is when Mark 13's meter is done. The Codex Bezae seems to use the same meter clausing I do in the videos, for amen legw humin standing alone. I wonder how many other texts, do the same.

The immediate point there, is the meter validates which of the words in the CNTTS apparatus you can say are valid, DUE TO the meter (another of its five functions, to validate memorized text, since syllable-counting was used by the ancients to check their ORAL memory of it). So here, Codex Bezae best makes the meter work, you see a pattern thus for the whole chapter which EXACTLY relates to Matt24-25, Luke 21, and the later Rev17. They all use the same metering and 'tag' each other via meter (a third function of the meter since Genesis 1).

The first (and usually second) sevening in the meter is a dateline, when the chapter/book is written. It was an obvious datum to those immediately getting it, but the DOCTRINAL THEME was discerned from the meter for them. For us, both date and theme can thus be known (fourth function of the meter). In the NT, it's broken by CLAUSE, so isn't merely the first time the syllable counts are divisible by seven. The OT seems structured so that the sevening works per verse (as the Hebrew versified it, not our modern usage). But that latter needs more testing, as we've only done a few of the OT chapters. ALL of the first chapters in the NT are now done (docs and other material for vetting are in the video descriptions, as the point of the videos is to show methodology, no matter how one agrees or disagrees with the conclusions/interp).

Could be a major find in hermeneutics if some mss do the same meter clausing as I show in the video, potentially worth billions of dollars in commercial spinoffs.
    @brainouty on twitter, 'Brain Outy' on Youtube, brainout on vimeo. Specializing in Bible dateline/prophetic/Autograph validating meter which since John Knox scholars sought but didn't find. We found it in 2008 and document it pan-Bible.

Default Update

Since Feb 2016, our research is extensive, and is in three primary places:
    1. Twitter, where I'm known as @brainouty, daily updates there.
    2. Youtube, with the ongoing Matt24 playlist on the meter, start here for relevance and scholarship history (back to Reformation), https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIxH...Xs3Yf&index=42

(Prior videos on the list are mainly helpful to see how to track history with the meter, and methodology; they cover earlier versions of the meter elisions we'd not yet semi-finalized.)

3. Frankforum, which provides the discovery background (cuz I didn't believe the Matt24 meter at first, has over 40K views now): http://brainout.net/frankforum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=512

This is of extreme value to hermeneutics. Since I need cataract surgery, am trying to get the word out on it now, as anyone can count the syllables, look up the history referenced, and test this pan-Bible. The necessary docs are in each video's description.
    @brainouty on twitter, 'Brain Outy' on Youtube, brainout on vimeo. Specializing in Bible dateline/prophetic/Autograph validating meter which since John Knox scholars sought but didn't find. We found it in 2008 and document it pan-Bible.