Thread: version in window changes on me....?

Default version in window changes on me....?

Hi, I'm using BW8, I have the KJV in my middle pane with the BYZ displayed in my browse window on my right. (I'm reading in Luke 21:3) I see the word
    πλεῖον in verse 3 and when I mouse over it (in the BYZ) it says there is "no entry found for this word"..strange ...so I right click it and select "look up lemma in lexicon browser", when I do this the lexicon window pops up ....but The main panel (middle) is now dead-that is , after I dismiss the lexicon window the middle panel will not display any mouse over info. I reduplicate the event and notice that the version changes for KJV to BYZ on the button bar but the actual display on the screen stays in english still (unless I minimize - then it all goes into greek). Is there a fix for this- am I doing something wrong?......bug?
    If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things ? John 3:12 KJV
    εκεινον δει αυξανειν εμε δε ελαττουσθαι John 3:30

Quote Originally Posted by dinosaur View Post
    Hi, I'm using BW8, I have the KJV in my middle pane with the BYZ displayed in my browse window on my right. (I'm reading in Luke 21:3) I see the word
    πλεῖον in verse 3 and when I mouse over it (in the BYZ) it says there is "no entry found for this word"..strange ...so I right click it and select "look up lemma in lexicon browser", when I do this the lexicon window pops up ....but The main panel (middle) is now dead-that is , after I dismiss the lexicon window the middle panel will not display any mouse over info. I reduplicate the event and notice that the version changes for KJV to BYZ on the button bar but the actual display on the screen stays in english still (unless I minimize - then it all goes into greek). Is there a fix for this- am I doing something wrong?......bug?
    Dino,

I set it up like you said, and the same thing happened. As for the "No entry found," this is because the Friberg lexicon does not have a separate entry for pleion; it is discussed under polus. You should probably submit your problem directly to BW.

Error reports may be sent to dberrors at bibleworks dot com with the following information:

1. Your name and some way to contact you.
    2. Your BibleWorks version (e.g., BibleWorks 5, 6, 7 or 8).
    3. Enough information for us to duplicate the steps that make the error visible.
    καὶ ὑπὲρ πάντων ἀπέθανεν ἵνα οἱ ζῶντες μηκέτι ἑαυτοῖς ζῶσιν, ἀλλὰ τῷ ὑπὲρ αὐτῶν ἀποθανόντι καὶ ἐγερθέντι.