Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Comparing Biblical Texts

Quote Originally Posted by ISalzman View Post
    Thanks Scott. This looks like it could be quite powerful. You've opened my eyes.

Irving
    Thanks ISalzman for expanding on my original question. Thanks Scott for your enlightening response. I knew it had to be possible in such a powerful tool as BW. I was just challenged on how to proceed. Thanks again. I'll play around with exporting a passage and the VDC.
    נֹתֵ֣ן לֶ֭חֶם לְכָל־בָּשָׂ֑ר כִּ֖י לְעוֹלָ֣ם חַסְדּֽוֹ׃

Default For Irving

Irving, how short is your memory. The following is from a similar discussion that happened back in February.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Wert View Post
    With BibleWorks almost all things are possible, although not all those things are expedient.

A way to do this using the version compiler is:

1. Export the parallel passage you want to compare.
    2. Change the book name and verse numbers to the one you want to compare it to.
    3. Compile it as a user version with a new version name.
    4. When you compare them remember that NewVersion 2ki is actually Isa, and that the verse numbers in NewVersion are off.

For: You can now use the version compare facility; If you haven't yet used the compile version facility you now have an excuse to make the acquaintance of that fascinating, powerful, and infuriating critter.

Against: You will have spent more time than doing it manually in the synopsis facility; You will now have a user version floating around with the wrong book name/ verse numbers to confuse you next year when you do a search on all versions, and this anomaly pops up.

--Jim
    Quote Originally Posted by ISalzman View Post
    Hey Jim, thanks for your resourceful creativity in suggesting that method. But it won't cause me to retract my suggestion that the Comparison Tool be tweaked to be able to compare parallel passages within same versions in addition to comparing same passages in differing versions. I would think that it oughtn't to be too hard to add that feature.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Wert View Post
    Irving, how short is your memory. The following is from a similar discussion that happened back in February.
    Ah yes, Jim. With respect to that, I have found memory to be getting shorter and shorter with all the passing years.