Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BW Timeline: English Bible Versions

Quote Originally Posted by gsnheone View Post
    I followed the instructions but, it's not showing up in my BW10,,please help!!
    I downloaded both of the zip files mentioned in this thread. I installed each one separately in the BibleWorks 10\timeline folder. Neither one displayed anything in the timeline. The three timelines that were already in the folder displayed normally. Apparently there is some defect in EnglishBibleVersions.tl.

The image below is a crude composite of an image of Bible.tl and the image from post 7 in this thread. It should be a rough approximation of EnglishBibleVersions.tl.

Name:  bible timeline composite.png
Views: 64
Size:  190.4 KB

Default Worked for me

I downloaded the two sets of files that Mark attached in this thread, and the one that is at http://bibleworks.oldinthenew.org/?cat=46. All three worked for me (there is a bit of a problem scrolling all the way to the right of the timeline if window isn't large enough).
    The one at oldinthenew is Mark's original one, not the update.

I am running BW 10.0.8.667 with Windows7. I have not reinstalled from the posted image, I'm still on my original installation from when BW10 first came out, with updates.

Did you copy all 3 of these files to BibleWorks 10/timeline ?
    Bibles2.era
    Bibles2.erc
    EnglishBibleVersions.tl

(Bibles2.er1 appears to be an earlier version of Bibles2.era)

--Jim

I just tried the timeline file from oldinthenew. Same results - nothing displayed from any of the three zip files of EnglishBibleVersions.

The three timelines that came with BW10 still work normally.

I am running BW 10.0.8.667 with Windows 10.

I looked at the .tl and .era files in a text editor. They seem to be similar. Don't know what else can be done?

Quote Originally Posted by now john View Post
    I just tried the timeline file from oldinthenew. Same results - nothing displayed from any of the three zip files of EnglishBibleVersions.

The three timelines that came with BW10 still work normally.

I am running BW 10.0.8.667 with Windows 10.

I looked at the .tl and .era files in a text editor. They seem to be similar. Don't know what else can be done?
    I assume you also copied the Bibles2.erc file.
    Have you tried shutting down BW and restarting it? or even restarting Windows?
    What displayed in the timeline window for EnglishBibleVersion?

This is what I got with the updated one:
    Name:  timeline1.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  309.5 KB

--Jim

The blank display looks like this:
    Name:  blank timeline.png
Views: 57
Size:  4.6 KB

I just tried the timeline on a laptop that is also running BW10 on Windows 10. It works as expected. I did notice on the laptop that when I activated the "Open Timeline Window" that it already displayed the four installed timelines. When I did the same thing on the other computer (a desktop) the "Open Timeline Window" did not display any installed timeline. Also on the desktop none of the menu icons on the main toolbar are displayed until I move the mouse over the area where the icons should have been and then they appeared one at a time as I moved the mouse. I thought it might have something to do with some graphics setting. I found that the desktop was setup with Options Window, General, Flags, Startup Options, System Scaling Options set to BibleWorks scales itself. The laptop was set to Windows scales BibleWorks. I wanted to change the settings to see if it made a difference. But I could not change that setting on either device. I could select the other setting. Then I received a message that BW must be restarted before the change would become effective. But whenever I switched the setting in either computer, and then closed BW and opened it again the setting had reverted to the way it was set previously. Thank you for posting the image of the timeline. That will be enough on this computer. If I need to change a timeline I can use the laptop to do it and take another screenshot there to use on this computer.

John