Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Turning off the popup box containing lexical info in the browse window

Default Great tip

Quote Originally Posted by ISalzman View Post
    Go to 'Tools,' 'Options,' 'Browse Window Configuration Options.' Then put a check in the box that says 'Keep word tips open.' Then, next time the popup word tips open, drag the box to anywhere on the screen you would like it to appear and it will always appear in that new position (until such time as you place it somewhere else).

By the way, you can always uncheck the box 'Keep word tips open' later, in which case the word tip opens temporarily and then closes. But it will still remember the last place you positioned it on your screen. As for me, I always have it open now. And I can move it anywhere I want at any given time, depending upon what part of the program window I want to view.
    Wow! Thanks Irving. This is a great tip. BW is truly an amazing program with all sorts neat things to enhance study.
    נֹתֵ֣ן לֶ֭חֶם לְכָל־בָּשָׂ֑ר כִּ֖י לְעוֹלָ֣ם חַסְדּֽוֹ׃

Quote Originally Posted by Precha1 View Post
    Wow! Thanks Irving. This is a great tip. BW is truly an amazing program with all sorts neat things to enhance study.
    You're very welcome, William (Bill?). I'm just thankful for the many great tips I've gotten from you guys in the past! These forums make a great program (BibleWorks) even better with all of our mutual sharing and collaborating on tips and ideas on to make better use this great program.

Ok. Sorry but Ido't have the answer. In fact just got turned on to the discussion forum, and just used this as an attempt to jump in. I do have a question, however. How do I enlarge the text in BW8. The small text is killing my eyes. Help
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    Does anyone know how to turn off the small, lexical popup box that comes up whenever I run my cursor over a Greek or Hebrew word in the browse window? The box obscures my view of the HALOT/BDAG lexicons in the analysis window.

Thanks for your help!

Justin

Quote Originally Posted by rcheatha View Post
    Ok. Sorry but Ido't have the answer. In fact just got turned on to the discussion forum, and just used this as an attempt to jump in. I do have a question, however. How do I enlarge the text in BW8. The small text is killing my eyes. Help
    Hi rcheatha!

Welcome to the BibleWorks forum!!!

In the "tools" menu select "options." Under the "General" section you will find an option called "fonts." Selecting "fonts" gives you a screen where you can change many of the fonts.

Note the radio button that that allows you to select the font set to edit:

• Search window
    • Browse window
    • Export

Note, too, that there will be some resources in which you have no control of the fonts.

I hope this helps.

Now, I'd like to make a suggestion. When you have an issue that is different from a given thread, it is preferable to start a whole new thread. That way you avoid confusion, and can get the personalized attention you need.

Thank you. Advise taken.