Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Turning off the popup box containing lexical info in the browse window

Default Turning off the popup box containing lexical info in the browse window

Does anyone know how to turn off the small, lexical popup box that comes up whenever I run my cursor over a Greek or Hebrew word in the browse window? The box obscures my view of the HALOT/BDAG lexicons in the analysis window.

Thanks for your help!

Justin

Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    Does anyone know how to turn off the small, lexical popup box that comes up whenever I run my cursor over a Greek or Hebrew word in the browse window? The box obscures my view of the HALOT/BDAG lexicons in the analysis window.
    In the Browse window, click on the little checkbox (the box before the feet) and click on Toggle Word Tips

Default Thanks!

Thanks, Adelphos! I'm not sure how I missed that.

Best,
    Justin

Thanks for your help!

Justin
    FYI Justin, you can actually move the lexical popup box to another part of your screen so that it doesn't obscure your view of whatever it is that you're interested in viewing. For example, I have moved the lexical popup window to the bottom of the Search Window so it doesn't obscure my view of the Analysis Window and Resource Tab, etc. The point is, there's flexibility as to where you choose to place the popup window. You're in control. Just thought I'd mention this to you should you decide you want to bring back the popup window. There are options available so that it doesn't take up prime real estate on your viewing screen.

Quote Originally Posted by ISalzman View Post
    FYI Justin, you can actually move the lexical popup box to another part of your screen so that it doesn't obscure your view of whatever it is that you're interested in viewing.
    Are you talking about Word Tips? If so, how do you do that?

Quote Originally Posted by Adelphos View Post
    Are you talking about Word Tips? If so, how do you do that?
    Go to 'Tools,' 'Options,' 'Browse Window Configuration Options.' Then put a check in the box that says 'Keep word tips open.' Then, next time the popup word tips open, drag the box to anywhere on the screen you would like it to appear and it will always appear in that new position (until such time as you place it somewhere else).

By the way, you can always uncheck the box 'Keep word tips open' later, in which case the word tip opens temporarily and then closes. But it will still remember the last place you positioned it on your screen. As for me, I always have it open now. And I can move it anywhere I want at any given time, depending upon what part of the program window I want to view.

Quote Originally Posted by ISalzman View Post
    Go to 'Tools,' 'Options,' 'Browse Window Configuration Options.' Then put a check in the box that says 'Keep word tips open.' Then, next time the popup word tips open, drag the box to anywhere on the screen you would like it to appear and it will always appear in that new position (until such time as you place it somewhere else).

By the way, you can always uncheck the box 'Keep word tips open' later, in which case the word tip opens temporarily and then closes. But it will still remember the last place you positioned it on your screen. As for me, I always have it open now. And I can move it anywhere I want at any given time, depending upon what part of the program window I want to view.
    Well I'll be. That's a new one on me!

Default Excellent!

Thanks, ISalzman! This is really good to know.

Best,
    Justin

Quote Originally Posted by Adelphos View Post
    Well I'll be. That's a new one on me!
    BW never ceases to amaze, huh?

Thanks, ISalzman! This is really good to know.

Best,
    Justin
    You're welcome, Justin. My pleasure.

Irving