Thread: BW 8 won't open after downloading most recent updates

Default BW 8 won't open after downloading most recent updates

My BW 8 won't let me open it after I downloaded the new updates (well, I had not checked for updates in few weeks, so they are the most recent updates available as of today, 1/11/2009). What can I do? I have Windows XP. I have had BW 7, then as soon as it was available I upgraded to 8, so I have had it for sometime, with no problems. How can I revert to an earlier version of BW before I applied the update if I can't open the program? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by jarnett0001 View Post
    My BW 8 won't let me open it after I downloaded the new updates (well, I had not checked for updates in few weeks, so they are the most recent updates available as of today, 1/11/2009). What can I do? I have Windows XP. I have had BW 7, then as soon as it was available I upgraded to 8, so I have had it for sometime, with no problems. How can I revert to an earlier version of BW before I applied the update if I can't open the program? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Hold down the shift key while opening BW and then choose an earlier version.

BW also crashes on me with the latest update.

Default Thanks!!!

Thank you so much, we were getting ready for Bible study and I updated it to help be more current and it crashed. That really helped! Thanks you so much for taking the time to respond.

Smile BW8 Will Not Open

I had the same problem! BW8 would not open for me with the lastest updates. Running XP3. Thanks for the tip on the shift key, I had completely forgotten about that and was dreading that I would have to re-install.

Harold Miller, Jr.
    New Hope Baptist Church
    Covington, GA

Question latest update crashes??

I updated the most recent and now my BW8 crashes also. Have to open via different route than desktop icon.

A fix has been posted for this. Sorry about that.
    Mike