Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Cost of BibleWorks

Default The Cost of BibleWorks

Hi All,

Our General Manager has done some pricing analysis of the cost of BibleWorks over time and I thought users might be interested in his analysis. Attached is a graph of the cost of BibleWorks over the last 17 years adjusted to 2009 dollars. The blip in 2007 was our only price increase over that time. Keep in mind also that the amount of information in BibleWorks has increased more than 50 fold over that time. This shows, I think, that we have tried very hard to provide real value for our users, and that we have been largely successful.

Mike
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thumbs up

Incredible. Actually what's incredible is that you guys continue to eat and pay your own bills!
    For the value -vs- cost in Bible works I'm amazed.
    I have never hesitated on an upgrade when the cash was in my pocket. Thanks to the whole Bibleworks crew for making such a great product, so consistently.

I agree. Tremendous value for the price, plus I use it nearly every day.

As a beginner in Greek, I really appreciate BW and the tools it provides and am grateful for the pricepoint. Were Erasmus alive today, he just might say "If I have money, I buy Bibleworks. If there's any left over, I buy food."
    -- Richard

"Contend earnestly for the faith that was once for all delivered to the saints." Jude 3 (ESV)

Default Only part of the picture

Yeah but what you really need is another graph which shows the value of ADDED materials in Bibleworks over that same period of time. I can only imagine how much you'd have to adjust the scale to reflect what has been added to BibleWorks just since version 5.
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!

Default A small story.

When I approached my wife about buying Bibleworks after doing reserch she asked how much. I told her and there was a pause before the storm.

Today, she does not regret her decision, although she never uses it, she has her researcher seek out her questions.

I love the tool less than my wife and both I spend time with every day.

Thanks for such a great product and such great service.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Hanel View Post
    Yeah but what you really need is another graph which shows the value of ADDED materials in Bibleworks over that same period of time. I can only imagine how much you'd have to adjust the scale to reflect what has been added to BibleWorks just since version 5.
    I would really like to see such a graph. I constantly get emails from Logos warning me that I have only a few days left to spend what is usually an exorbitant amount of money for an add-on module.

Since BibleWorks has incorporated a TON of resources in the base package, the graph that Michael mentioned is the ONLY way to tell the true story of value.

The first edition of Bible Works I purchased (BW3 I think) was when it came in numerous 3.5 inch floppies. The local Christian bookshop couldn't sell the last copy and I watched as they continued to reduce the price from some $300. When it reached $50 I bought it .

It was marvelous then - and even more so now.

The ongoing help that is received. The updates over the internet. The amount of material that is contained in it.

This year, just before the end of the financial year (June 30 here in Australia) I asked my wife if it would be OK to purchase BW8 - I had BW7, but noticed a number of additions to BW8 which I thought would be helpful. We called it an early birthday present - and I am very happy with it all.

Quote Originally Posted by jimofbentley View Post
    The first edition of Bible Works I purchased (BW3 I think) was when it came in numerous 3.5 inch floppies. The local Christian bookshop couldn't sell the last copy and I watched as they continued to reduce the price from some $300. When it reached $50 I bought it .

It was marvelous then - and even more so now.

The ongoing help that is received. The updates over the internet. The amount of material that is contained in it.

This year, just before the end of the financial year (June 30 here in Australia) I asked my wife if it would be OK to purchase BW8 - I had BW7, but noticed a number of additions to BW8 which I thought would be helpful. We called it an early birthday present - and I am very happy with it all.
    Hey Jim, I think I also entered the fray with the release of BibleWorks 3 or 3.5 or such. Is my memory playing tricks with me, or didn't BW once go by the name of Hermeneutika? Or Hermeneutica?

Quote Originally Posted by ISalzman View Post
    Hey Jim, I think I also entered the fray with the release of BibleWorks 3 or 3.5 or such. Is my memory playing tricks with me, or didn't BW once go by the name of Hermeneutika? Or Hermeneutica?
    Yes it did, and even though you got that one right, yes, your mind is playing tricks with you.