Thread: Viewing Textual Criticism Info in Linux

Default Viewing Textual Criticism Info in Linux

I have had no problem viewing the various resource databases with KchmViewer in Linux. For example in A Textual Commentary On
    The Greek New Testament all Greek text and sigla are viewed properly. However, I downloaded both mantext.chm and mantext2.chm from http://www.laparola.net/greco/bibleworks.php and the Greek text is garbage. See example:
    Mat 1:2 (Mnster)
    Ἰσαάκ, Ἰσαὰκ δὲ] B Byz ς WH
    Ἰσακ, Ἰσακ] *א*
    Ἰούδαν] *א B Byz ς WH
    Ἰουδα] K

Note that the sigla is readable.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Does anyone know what Greek font he is using? This seems like a useful resource if readable.
    "I can only say that I am nothing but a poor sinner, trusting in Christ alone for salvation"--R. E. Lee
    "It is not our task to secure the triumph of truth, but merely to fight on its behalf."--Blaise Pascal

font-family: Palatino Linotype

What is the version of KchmViewer??
    Upgrade to Version 4.1.
    Last edited by pasquale; 08-18-2009 at 12:47 PM.

pasquale,
    Thanks for the quick reply. I have Palatino Linotype installed as I have a licensed copy of Win 2000. I didn't think the font would really matter if it was Unicode. I am running Mepis 8.0 based on Debian Lenny so my KchmViewer is 3.1-2 so I will look into 4.1. Thanks again.
    "I can only say that I am nothing but a poor sinner, trusting in Christ alone for salvation"--R. E. Lee
    "It is not our task to secure the triumph of truth, but merely to fight on its behalf."--Blaise Pascal

KchmViewer 4.1 solved the problem. Thanks.