Thread: Bible Works and Linux?

Question Bible Works and Linux?

Howdy,

I recently added a Linux OS to my hard drive.

I was wondering weather anyone has tried to run BW on a Linux platform successfully (perhaps using a windows converter) and if so, which one!

Thanks,

John Mark

Default On Linux......

If you do a search of the forums, you will see several threads detailing the Linux options. Personally, I've used Virtual Box to run BW (7 & 8). One great aspect of Virtual Box is that you can move the virtual machine across platforms. I now run BW 8 on a Mac using the same virtual machine. There is a bit of a speed hit on the Mac platform, I didn't detect that running under Linux.
    Pastor Clint Cozier, Ph.D.
    Pastor, Southminster Presbyterian Church
    Taylor, MI

I have run Linux (Mepis) for 4+ years. I started by running BW and Libronix Theological Journals in Win4Lin. Then I moved to VMWare (free edition), and now I primarily run BW in Wine (1.1.26). I have an installation of VirtualBox with BW and Libronix and I go to it for a few BW features and Libornix, which I have never gotten to run under Wine. I actually like the chm viewer (most of the resources) in Linux better than my version of Windows (2000).

As mentioned above there is a very lengthy thread on this topic.
    "I can only say that I am nothing but a poor sinner, trusting in Christ alone for salvation"--R. E. Lee
    "It is not our task to secure the triumph of truth, but merely to fight on its behalf."--Blaise Pascal

Default Thanks!

Thanks for all your support! After posting I found the linux thread...
    Thanks again!

John