Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New BibleWorks Channel on Youtube

Default New BibleWorks Channel on Youtube

Hey Guys, I just wanted to give kudos to BibeWorks for the great new BibleWorks Youtube Channel. Great idea. A lot of helpful videos in one place. I watched '10 Reasons to Upgrade to BW9' this morning, even though I am already running version 9. Great video. So who is the person in the video?

Irving

Quote Originally Posted by ISalzman View Post
    Hey Guys, I just wanted to give kudos to BibeWorks for the great new BibleWorks Youtube Channel. Great idea. A lot of helpful videos in one place. I watched '10 Reasons to Upgrade to BW9' this morning, even though I am already running version 9. Great video. So who is the person in the video?
    Well, call me a dummy, but I can't find "10 Reasons To Upgrade To BW9" on Youtube. Link please?

Here's the link. Jim Barr is the one on video there.
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Hanel View Post
    Here's the link. Jim Barr is the one on video there.
    Much obliged.

Sorry Scott, my bad. I believe that should be '9 Reasons to Upgrade ...' Thanks for the info, Michael.

By the way, you can subscribe to the BibleWorks Channel at Youtube - I did - and that way, you get alerts when new videos are posted. Once again, thanks BW for this new great resource!

Quote Originally Posted by Adelphos View Post
    Well, call me a dummy, but I can't find "10 Reasons To Upgrade To BW9" on Youtube. Link please?
    Here's the channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/BibleWorksVideos

Here's "Nine Reasons to Upgrade to BW9":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppEJHiJDoJ4&feature=plcp

ὃς δʼ ἂν εἴπῃ τῷ ἀδελφῷ αὐτοῦ Ῥακά, ἔνοχος ἔσται τῷ συνεδρίῳ ὃς δʼ ἂν εἴπῃ Μωρέ, ἔνοχος ἔσται εἰς τὴν γέενναν τοῦ πυρός.

Thanks for bringing it to our attention, Irv. And thanks to the rest for the links. Outcome?

Sold.

I knew about the four panes in BW9, but not the Use tab. That's a nice feature, so when I can cobble together the pennies I'll be ordering. I know one thing, with any other major Bible software product there is no way I could keep pace with the upgrades due to the high prices. BW makes that possible.

You're welcome, Scott. I was really excited to find out about the channel.

Irving

Default You Ain't Seen Nothin' Yet

We are testing BW9 on Windows 8 now on a Samsung Series 7 pad. It will blow your socks off. People have been clamoring for an iPad version of BibleWorks and we have always insisted that the iPad wasn't up to it - not really. But the new intel-based pads running Windows 8 are going to make a huge splash - in my opinion. It makes the iPad look like a toy. Michael should have a video demo soon for you. Don't get me wrong. I have an iPad and have enjoyed it. But there is a huge difference between an iPad and an intel pad running WIndows 8. It is a little more expensive and the battery life is not as good yet, but that will improve. As for the RT Version of Windows 8 on an ARM pad - I really can't see that taking off. It is a direct competitor of the iPad in every way - but also shares its rather severe limitations. The new Microsoft intel surface running Win 8 will be incredible. It won't be out until early 2013, but in the mean time there will be a flood of Win 8 intel devices like the Samsung Series 7. I am pretty jaded these days. Don't get excited about much. But this is cool.
    Mike
    Last edited by MBushell; 07-26-2012 at 10:24 AM.