Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Cool New Feature

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,078

    Default Cool New Feature

    Hi All,
    Don't miss the latest XREF tab feature. A new xref database has been posted (you need the exe too). It adds a new cross reference database that consolidates the cross references from all the various cross reference databases. It is prioritized according to how many of the databases contain the verses. This makes the xref tool much more useful You no longer have to switch back and forth to see if other xref tools give addition cross references. Thanks to Michael Tan for this one. It is a simple change with a big improvement in usefulness.
    Mike

  2. #2

    Default

    Wow - I downloaded this last night. When I checked for updates and read what this update would do, I smacked myself in the head and wondered why I hadn't thought to suggest it before. The XRefs are the most useful feature for me, and it just got even better.

    Many thanks for making a great product even better.
    -- Richard

    "Contend earnestly for the faith that was once for all delivered to the saints." Jude 3 (ESV)

  3. #3

    Default

    Michael,

    Could you describe the options and uses of this in a little more detail, or is a help update coming?

    I am guessing that what you are referring to in the OP is the BW Master xref setting in the XREF tab. It looks awesome, and makes the use of XREFs much better! Thank you very much.

    I am just looking for some more detail (which xref sources does it include? why would I want to "create new xref database"? etc.) No complaints, just looking to get the full amount out of your work.
    Fred Greco
    Senior Pastor, Christ Church PCA (Katy, TX)
    Christ Church Blog

    "The heart is the main thing in true religion...It is the hinge and turning-point in the condition of man's soul. If the heart is alive to God and quickened by the Spirit, the man is a living Christian. If the heart is dead and has not the Spirit, the man is dead before God." (J.C. Ryle)

  4. #4

    Default Fantastic!

    I love it! Is it possible to edit a cross reference database outside of Bibleworks and save it in the correct format?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,078

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FredGreco View Post
    Michael,

    Could you describe the options and uses of this in a little more detail, or is a help update coming?

    I am guessing that what you are referring to in the OP is the BW Master xref setting in the XREF tab. It looks awesome, and makes the use of XREFs much better! Thank you very much.

    I am just looking for some more detail (which xref sources does it include? why would I want to "create new xref database"? etc.) No complaints, just looking to get the full amount out of your work.
    Michael (Tan) will post a blurb on it next week. I know it doesn't merge all the xref files. Some are really not appropriate, like the biobible. It would swamp everything else.
    Mike

  6. #6

    Thumbs up XREF tab

    Good idea!
    a;koue( VIsrah,l( ku,rioj o` qeo.j h`mw/n ku,rioj ei-j evstin( kai. avgaph,seij ku,rion to.n qeo,n sou evx o[lhj th/j kardi,aj sou kai. evx o[lhj th/j yuch/j sou kai. evx o[lhj th/j dianoi,aj sou kai. evx o[lhj th/j ivscu,oj souĊ

    עשׁה שׁלום במרומיו הוא יעשׂה שׁלום עלינו ועל כל ישׂראל ואמרו אמן׃

    "Will you rise like a lion in the morning sun or will you just lay there bleeding? When the time has come, return to the Kingdom, close my eyes and be screaming freedom!" - Matisyahu

  7. #7

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by MBushell View Post
    Hi All,
    Don't miss the latest XREF tab feature. A new xref database has been posted (you need the exe too). It adds a new cross reference database that consolidates the cross references from all the various cross reference databases. It is prioritized according to how many of the databases contain the verses. This makes the xref tool much more useful You no longer have to switch back and forth to see if other xref tools give addition cross references. Thanks to Michael Tan for this one. It is a simple change with a big improvement in usefulness.
    Mike
    Thanks for a FANTASTIC change. Truly REMARKABLE and VERY USEFUL!!!!!!

    Gilbert

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilbert Salinas View Post
    Thanks for a FANTASTIC change. Truly REMARKABLE and VERY USEFUL!!!!!!

    Gilbert

    Ditto. I absolutely LOVE this feature. It has made BW that much more useful to explore the text.

    Kudos to the BW team.

    Dave
    David Spear
    Calvary Chapel of Manassas
    Manassas, Va. 20110
    http://www.calvarychapelmanassas.org/
    KJV Romans 3:28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without (apart from) the deeds of the law.

  9. #9

    Default Excellent

    That is an excellent feature. Thanks guys!

  10. #10

    Default

    Thankyouthankyouthankyou! You guys work very hard for your customers. This program is in a constant state of advancement.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •