Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Custom Names for Context Tabs

Default Clear active tab

Quote Originally Posted by calvary View Post
    1. When I right click on a custom-named tab, it gives me the option to clear the tab, but then when I try to do that it says "cannot clear the active tab." Is this intentional? I'm just wondering why the option is there.
    A small frustration on my part too. Maybe the programmers could not display that option on the current tab. But then how do you clear the active tab?

Pretty simple work around, though: left click on another tab to activate, right click on the tab you wanted to clear and select clear, left click to make it the active tab again. Now

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Ward View Post
    A small frustration on my part too. Maybe the programmers could not display that option on the current tab. But then how do you clear the active tab?

Pretty simple work around, though: left click on another tab to activate, right click on the tab you wanted to clear and select clear, left click to make it the active tab again. Now

Yeah, I did figure that out. Except that way also clears the tab name; while entering ";" into the search window (See SCSaunders post below) and pressing enter erases the contents w/o removing the tab name.

Next I'd like see the option of being able to clear all the tabs w/o removing tab names. All in good time. The naming feature is a big plus, regardless.

Dave
    David Spear
    Calvary Chapel of Manassas
    Manassas, Va. 20110
    http://www.calvarychapelmanassas.org/
    KJV Romans 3:28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without (apart from) the deeds of the law.

Default Crashing.

Quote Originally Posted by MBushell View Post
    Can you send me the swc file that is causing this? Your INI file would be useful too. I am not seeing this.
    Mike
    Mike,
    What I did was use the ';' on the search line to clear the tab.
    Then I loaded a saved tab reference that I had saved, and BW8 crashed.

I tried it two or three times, restarting BW8 each time, and BW8 crashed.

I've restarted my computer to clear up any hidden system problems, downloaded the latest .exe, and now, BW8 doesn't crash.

I'm not sure what happened, but I've tried the same sequence, and it no longer crashes. Perhaps the latest fix in another area took care if it.

Thanks for a reply!!!
    Gilbert

Thumbs up New tab functions: outstanding!

I just want to add my voice to the chorus of praise for the new nameable, savable, clearable, freezable tabs. I just upgraded (after waiting a week or so) to the current v. 009h.1. The way the tabs are now functioning is just terrific. I truly feel that the tabs feature of BW has fully come into its own.

For instance, when I'm preparing a sermon I load a set of tabs that I've saved with the title "sermon.swc." I reserve the first tab for general searching, and use the next 4 for the lectionary texts of the week. Now I can label those tabs for their functions (Search, OT, Psalm, Epistle, Gospel) so as to find them quickly; and I can freeze a lectionary tab if I want to do some searching there and then easily return to its allotted text. My screen and general setup have room for the five labeled tabs plus two more, so I can delete everything past tab 7, but add on new ones if I need to.

Congratulations to the programmers, and thanks to the users here who pressed for these adaptations. Every project I work on will now get its own tabset with labels and all. Marvelous!
    David Rensberger
    Atlanta, Georgia

Default Can't get update

I tried adding the code (BW8BETA) under Options in the updater, but I can't get the update to be able to change the tab names. Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    I tried adding the code (BW8BETA) under Options in the updater, but I can't get the update to be able to change the tab names. Any suggestions?
    How are you trying to change the tab names? You have to be very specific on how you're trying to do this so we can figure it out.

I'm right clicking on a tab but I don't get the two bottom options pertaining to change the tab name.

I'm right clicking on a tab but I don't get the two bottom options pertaining to change the tab name.
    Is this the same as yours...

Last edited by Adelphos; 07-17-2009 at 08:14 PM.

No, I only have seven options on the menu and none like "Set Tab Title" or Allow Multiline Tabs etc.

No, I only have seven options on the menu and none like "Set Tab Title" or Allow Multiline Tabs etc.
    My current BW version is 8.0.011q.2

Is that yours?