Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Custom Names for Context Tabs

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Harmon View Post
    You are definitely right, Mike, that you warned us, and so I hope that I didn't communicate frustration. I raised the issue simply as a "hey, this is a great feature that I hope we can make better." Thanks for so quickly responding. You continue to excel at improving BW!
    Thanks Matt. No frustration perceived. E-mail is bad for conveying emotion. Let me know if you have any more trouble with the tabs.
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Adelphos View Post
    Saving your tabs wouln't have mattered because the latest update deleted all the earlier .swc files. I think this is because new information is now savexd in the .swc files since it is now possible to delete/add tabs.
    Ah well. Then the info in your post is my new "lessons learned."

In my laptop/notebook of a daily world, I continue trying out and learning software packages. I say "continue" because I've been doing this for quite some time. Not unique to me, we all here at this forum in particular, could echo the same thing [assumption on my part]. If we can agree on that, then we can probably agree that there's never been a software that didn't have glitches, especially during transitions - the kind that upgrades bring.

Beta testing never bug bombs all of them. Never. Not ever. BW has had, in my personal experience, comparatively speaking, the fewest buggy glitches, far and away. Bill Gates quit before he lernt hisself how to do this, him will all his MS billions and MS staff and all.

What's my point here and my default at the keyboard? Most of the "issues" that get presented and commented on, for me at least, are merely the "thorns 'n' thistles" of the cursed software field. They are the muck apples that must be shoveled from the stalls of this program's many horses. So, not unexpected and ain't that big a deal. None of these have ever really prevented me from accomplishing my work, Sunday coming every three days. Not a single one, like these new name tabs for instance, really doesn't take all that long to fix. Life under the sun happens.

FWIW. JM2C. YadaYadaYadaBadaBingBadaBoom.

Cool This is so Cool!

This is so Cool!
    I've been wanting just exactly this for a long time but have been content with everything else that BW does just so excellently.

Call me a BW fanboy, still.

This tab naming feature ROCKS!

Couple of questions; forgive me if they're dumb.

1. When I right click on a custom-named tab, it gives me the option to clear the tab, but then when I try to do that it says "cannot clear the active tab." Is this intentional? I'm just wondering why the option is there.

2. Sometimes I want to clear out the searches in my tabs. When I do that it also erases all my tab names. Anyway work around for that?

Thanks BW for all you do.

Dave
    David Spear
    Calvary Chapel of Manassas
    Manassas, Va. 20110
    http://www.calvarychapelmanassas.org/
    KJV Romans 3:28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without (apart from) the deeds of the law.

Quote Originally Posted by calvary View Post
    Couple of questions...
    Number 1, yes, it is supposed to work that way. You can't clear the contents of the current tab.

If you want to easily regain your favorite tab setups, then make all tabs the way you want them, then choose save tabs to disk. Now all you have to do to restore your tab setup is load tabs from disk. You can do this with multiple configurations.

Quote Originally Posted by Adelphos View Post
    Number 1, yes, it is supposed to work that way. You can't clear the contents of the current tab.

If you want to easily regain your favorite tab setups, then make all tabs the way you want them, then choose save tabs to disk. Now all you have to do to restore your tab setup is load tabs from disk. You can do this with multiple configurations.
    1. Interesting. What would be the purpose of even having that on the right click menu, I wonder?

2. Maybe that can be something added to the functionality of the tabs: to have the tab names remain when search hits are cleared.

Thanks Scott.

Blessings,
    Dave
    David Spear
    Calvary Chapel of Manassas
    Manassas, Va. 20110
    http://www.calvarychapelmanassas.org/
    KJV Romans 3:28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without (apart from) the deeds of the law.

Default Tab Names

I agree with Dave that it would be nice to have the option of keeping the tab names when clearing the contents of the tabs.

I haven't been able to reproduce what you're experiencing, but try this. Worth a shot. If it doesn't work, drink of shot (Welch's Grape Juice of course. Goes w/o saying.)

Exclamation BW8 Crashes!

Hi,

BW8 crashes when I try to load tabs saved to disk!!!

GS

Quote Originally Posted by Gilbert Salinas View Post
    Hi,

BW8 crashes when I try to load tabs saved to disk!!!

GS
    Can you send me the swc file that is causing this? Your INI file would be useful too. I am not seeing this.
    Mike