Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Custom Names for Context Tabs

Another 'Thank you' - here as well.

Al

Default More Improvements

You can no add and remove tabs and use the tab names in the command line "l" command. See the Program Updates section on the forum for details. These changes will be beta changes until we get some feedback.

Mike

Default Tab Names Lost

When I updated to the latest executable (09.c.2), I lost the tab names I had designated from the previous executable. Did that happen to anyone else? I trust this is an unintended consequence.

Under the program and database updates, http://bibleworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3806, it was stated this could be the result. All you would have to do is rename them, or use the turn back feature to undo this update.
    Numbers 6:24-26
    יְבָרֶכְךָ יְהוָה וְיִשְׁמְרֶךָ׃
    יָאֵר יְהוָה פָּנָיו אֵלֶיךָ וִיחֻנֶּךָּ׃
    יִשָּׂא יְהוָה פָּנָיו אֵלֶיךָ וְיָשֵׂם לְךָ שָׁלוֹם׃

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Harmon View Post
    When I updated to the latest executable (09.c.2), I lost the tab names I had designated from the previous executable. Did that happen to anyone else? I trust this is an unintended consequence.
    Matt, this did happen to me, but I take it as a "lesson learned," an opportunity to learn something new, hopefully preventing it from happening again.

Take a look, starting at the 1:20 mark, of MGVH's BW8 Tabs tutorial video. The "something new" I'm going to lern me is saving these buggers to disk.

If this is not new to you - my apologies. Time for a Twinkie or HoHo.

Default Thanks

Thanks for the responses. It is no big deal for me at this stage to rename the tabs, but long term it seems like it would be bad if every exe update erases the tab names. In my mind this limits the usability of this new feature if I have to either manually save the tabs or rename them after every new exe that is released. I would just hope that as Mike works the bugs out of this great new feature he would be able to make it so that updating to the new exe still retains the tab names.

Saving your tabs wouln't have mattered because the latest update deleted all the earlier .swc files. I think this is because new information is now savexd in the .swc files since it is now possible to delete/add tabs.

What a STUPENDOUS enhancement! I love this new feature.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Harmon View Post
    Thanks for the responses. It is no big deal for me at this stage to rename the tabs, but long term it seems like it would be bad if every exe update erases the tab names. In my mind this limits the usability of this new feature if I have to either manually save the tabs or rename them after every new exe that is released. I would just hope that as Mike works the bugs out of this great new feature he would be able to make it so that updating to the new exe still retains the tab names.
    I did warn people. Of course we wouldn't permit the context files to be destroyed with each exe update! It was inadvertent in this case. I posted a new exe that will avoid the context file reset for subsequent downloaders. But unfortunately it will cause another reset for those who downloaded the previous beta version. Sorry about that.
    Mike

Default Clarification

You are definitely right, Mike, that you warned us, and so I hope that I didn't communicate frustration. I raised the issue simply as a "hey, this is a great feature that I hope we can make better." Thanks for so quickly responding. You continue to excel at improving BW!