Thread: Has Anybody Seen Anything Like This

Default Has Anybody Seen Anything Like This

I find this odd. I start my laptop. I start Bibleworks, I start NotaBene, I start Firefox. After checking a couple of blogs, I close Firefox. At this point the taskbar shows ONLY Nota Bene I start Biblworks again, I go to switch from the new instance of BibleWorks to NotaBene and there are now two instances of Bibleworks running and they both show up in the taskbar. This has happened several times this past week. I don't ever remember it happening before. Is it me? the laptop? Any ideas on how to get back to the original invisible instance of Biblworks without having to start a new one. It just feels awkward.
    SkipB

"Ambitious to be well-pleasing unto him"
    RJ Blackburn
    Reformed Episcopal Seminary

http://www.reseminary.edu

Quote Originally Posted by SkipB View Post
    I find this odd. I start my laptop. I start Bibleworks, I start NotaBene, I start Firefox. After checking a couple of blogs, I close Firefox. At this point the taskbar shows ONLY Nota Bene I start Biblworks again, I go to switch from the new instance of BibleWorks to NotaBene and there are now two instances of Bibleworks running and they both show up in the taskbar. This has happened several times this past week. I don't ever remember it happening before. Is it me? the laptop? Any ideas on how to get back to the original invisible instance of Biblworks without having to start a new one. It just feels awkward.
    This happens randomly. What I've noticed is that Bibleworks will be running (if you alt-tab, you can get to it), but it doesn't show up in the task bar. The problem is I cannot produce a fool-proof way to replicate it every time.
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!

Default Ok, not crazy, maybe...

Thanks Mike,
    I will alt tab when it does its disappearing act.
    SkipB

"Ambitious to be well-pleasing unto him"
    RJ Blackburn
    Reformed Episcopal Seminary

http://www.reseminary.edu

Default Firefox

Just FWIW, it might actually be Firefox. I have Firefox do this on me occassionally. In addition to not showing up, a few other programs, like Bibleworks or my text editor PSpad will not show on the taskbar but alt+tab will bring them around.

Usually when this happens, Firefox is only a short time away from a major crash.

Quote Originally Posted by tcblack View Post
    Just FWIW, it might actually be Firefox. I have Firefox do this on me occassionally. In addition to not showing up, a few other programs, like Bibleworks or my text editor PSpad will not show on the taskbar but alt+tab will bring them around.

Usually when this happens, Firefox is only a short time away from a major crash.
    That is possible. I do almost always run Firefox, so that could be a part of the problem (or the problem)
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!

Mike, I have it happen that BW doesn't show up on the task bar, and I have to use Alt+Tab to get to it.

I don't run Firefox and it still happens from time to time.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Adelphos View Post
    I don't run Firefox and it still happens from time to time.
    Hmm, that could break my theory.