Thread: BW8 on XP Partition of Mac

Default BW8 on XP Partition of Mac

Is anyone else running BW8 on the Windows partition of a Mac?
    I installed BW8 on the Windows XP partition of my iMac, replacing BW7 which had been on the same computer. One feature didn't work - the 'Send verse to Lexicon Browser' now always goes to TWOT. I then change to HALOT (from the Lexicon menu), but it then shows the whole HALOT lexicon open at the WTT word I originally clicked, and not just that verse. Previously (in BW7) it remembered what my previously used lexicon was and reverted straight to that; now it always goes to TWOT. I mentioned this on another thread, and the others said they had had no trouble. So I installed BW8 on my laptop (Windows XP) - and the feature worked correctly. That proves, I think, that it doesn't like being in a virtual operating system. But all other features are working correctly. It is still puzzling that BW7, in the same computer and partition, didn't have the problem.

I have Parallels. I wonder if VMWare Fusion would have the same effect? Or even Bootcamp (presumably that would not be virtual)?

I wouldn't expect the BW staff to help over a Mac problem - but it would be interesting to know if anyone else has found this. I may write to BW technical support about it some time.

After you go to the lexicon try clicking on the button with the dot and the down arrow before you go to the next lexicon and see if this helps. I am running BW 8 with Parallels 3 and not having any problems.

John Fidel

Thank you for the suggestion. I tried that, but it still didn't work. I also tried clicking the button after the change as well as before, and that didn't work either. I too have Parallels 3. Very puzzling - the problem is not with the Mac partitionas such, but with my own computer: perhaps there's something else installed which is causing a conflict. It will be interesting to see if anyone else reports the same problem.

John,
    Following up on the previous posts, which seemed to indicate a local problem, I uninstalled BW8, and then reinstalled. I'm happy to report that the problem is now fixed and I get HALOT as I used to in BW7. It's still puzzling why that particular fault shold have occurred - but it doesn't matter now. thank you for your help.

I am glad you are up and running.