Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Navigating Schaff's "Fathers"

Just checked back on my own thread after a long time, and I have to say: You guys rock! I'm more than happy to wait a bit for such a complete solution.
    Christoph Fischer
    Pastor, Evangelical-Lutheran Church in Württemberg, Albstadt-Tailfingen

Albstadt, Germany
    https://christoph-fischer.org

Default Just Checking

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn Weaver View Post
    Hi Folks,

I want to give you a progress report on the update for the Early Church Fathers.

--All of the navigation repairs have been made. This includes a new table of contents, a new Resource Summary Window results display that includes the name of the author of that particular work and title of the work, and 'Previous | Next' links at the bottom of each page. The synchronization between the table of contents and the text page works.

--The Greek and Hebrew fonts are Unicode. The default is to display Greek in the new SBL Greek font, and the default Hebrew font is SBL Hebrew. The Unicode font can be changed through changing the default Unicode export font setting in BibleWorks. (This is a big deal, since now you can export from both BibleWorks and the ECF and have the same font in your document. And the export fonts are configurable.)

--The text of the ECF can be made larger or smaller by changing the Internet Explorer text size settings. You can also hold the Ctrl button and use your scroll wheel to enlarge or shrink the font size. Changing the font size works not only for the English text, but also for the Greek and Hebrew text.

--Currently I am repairing over 300 Scripture reference tagging errors. This will take a bit of time, as each of them have to be corrected by hand.

Once the Scripture reference tagging errors are corrected and the files processed, we will test the files and then post them for general updating.

Sorry for taking so long to make the update available, but we want to make sure it is correct when we post it.

Blessings,
    Glenn

Just wondering how long and if I can do it to expidite the delivery.

Default Update on ECF

I'm sorry for the long delay. We continued to find things to repair and enhance. Lord willing, the final files should be ready today. If they pass my initial testing, then we will have a short beta testing with a small group of users. If it passes that testing, then it should be released soon after that. If things go as I anticipate, then it should be ready by next week.

The file size is so large that we have to do it right the first time. Thank you for your patience.
    Glenn Weaver

Default Thanks

I have a Patristic Greek Lexicon which I picked up for $40.00 and I want to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimba View Post
    I have a Patristic Greek Lexicon which I picked up for $40.00 and I want to use it.
    If that was a Lampe lexicon, congratulations on the great deal!!
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!

Default Yes it was

I bought it a long time ago when it was 5 separate paperbacks for $40.00. Then I sent it to a bindery for $20.00 and they did such a fantastic job that you could not see (with the exception of the last section) that it was ever separate books.

Of course, Schaff is all in English (with a little Latin), so you won't be able to use Lampe with it, unless your are going to try reverse engineering it to create a Greek text from the English translation, which would be quite a feat!
    Mark Eddy

Having been the one who started this thread, I just wanted to say thank you, Glenn and the whole team, for fixing this issue in such a complete way!
    Christoph Fischer
    Pastor, Evangelical-Lutheran Church in Württemberg, Albstadt-Tailfingen

Albstadt, Germany
    https://christoph-fischer.org

Default Page #

I also want to go to a certain page in Vol II of the Early Church Fathers and can't find a way to just go to the page that someone wanted me to read. When I put a page # in search the wrong stuff comes up, am I missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan Boston View Post
    I also want to go to a certain page in Vol II of the Early Church Fathers and can't find a way to just go to the page that someone wanted me to read. When I put a page # in search the wrong stuff comes up, am I missing something?
    If you want to search for a particular spot in a particular volume, it's fairly easy to do...

Under the Contents menu, open the particular volume you want to search, in your case Vol II. Select the section you want to search. Make sure you click WITHIN that section to set the cursor focus.

Now hit the Ctrl+F key. This will open the Find dialog box. Merely type in your search criteria and the criteria, if it exists, will automatically be highlighted in the document.
    Last edited by Adelphos; 09-03-2009 at 11:46 AM.