Thread: Word Pictures by ATR

Unhappy Word Pictures by ATR

So sad (and a bit strange since it is so common) to see Word Pictures by A.T. Robertson gone from BW8. Any chance it might be available for download later? Anybody know?

Bob Payne

Default Really?

They left out ATR's Word Pictures? I hadn't noticed that yet! Why O why?

Default Robertson's Word Pictures

For now see BW8 help, chapter 4, Databases Removed from Bibleworks 8.
    Also see this thread: https://www.bibleworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3017

Note that over at Crosswalk's sight, there was a copyright renewal in 1960: http://bible.crosswalk.com/Commentar...sWordPictures/

I hope we can work something soon! I have it in Libronix, too. But that just isn't the same-too slow, too hard to pull up, etc. We could try linking to Libronix or the Web, in the mean time.
    Last edited by Greg Ward; 01-13-2009 at 09:02 PM. Reason: update

Default Strange

The strange thing is that it is available for free on e-Sword. Not sure why it would have been a problem for BW.

BP

Link to Libronix RWP, if you have it.
    In BW, you can add it in Resources menu, Edit External Links or edit the shellexec.txt file in BW8/init directory (either way see BW8 help, ch. 11, External Links Manager).

//
    // External Link #34
    //
    [Robertson's Word Pictures in Libronix]
    Operation = Open
    Directory = NULL
    File = libronixdls:keylink|ref=[en]bible:<Book>%20<Chapter>%3A<Verse>|res=LLS:RWP
    Parameters = NULL
    MenuLocation = Browse Window All
    TextType = Bible Verse
    MapToVersion = KJV
    Lookup = Verse Reference
    MenuText = Libronix-RWP
    Enabled = 1

Default Where do I find the new link?

BWs folks,

I added the text to the end of the file using notepad++ and rebooted the program but do not see the link anywhere.. must be hiding

Any help appreciated.. I really want my Word Pictures!

:} JB
    Last edited by jbartee; 02-14-2009 at 11:02 PM. Reason: wording

Default Robertson's Word Pictures

I agree it would be nice for all previous BW owners to somehow bring RWP into BW8. If it was a HTML Help file, we could bring it forward. But it was a BW database. I've tried several ways but have yet to succeed.

BW staff, is there a way you can provide for us to pull RWP out of our previous installation and recompile it for a BW8 resource? What were the terms of the licensing agreement?

jbartee, the External Link above should be in a right-click menu in the browse window. Did you save the shellexec.txt file as a text file?

Default Rwp

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Ward View Post
    I agree it would be nice for all previous BW owners to somehow bring RWP into BW8. If it was a HTML Help file, we could bring it forward. But it was a BW database. I've tried several ways but have yet to succeed.

BW staff, is there a way you can provide for us to pull RWP out of our previous installation and recompile it for a BW8 resource? What were the terms of the licensing agreement?

jbartee, the External Link above should be in a right-click menu in the browse window. Did you save the shellexec.txt file as a text file?
    Greg,
    If it were up to me I would put RWP back in or post the text. Unfortunately we cannot do that. It was removed because we learned that the last volume is still under copyright. It is true that it is available at various places on the web and claimed to be public domain, but it is not PD, or at least the last volume is not. We tried to come to an agreement with the copyright holder, but we were not able to come to terms. We did try very hard. We believe that as a matter of conscience and Biblical ethics we have to abide by the copyright laws when they do not conflict with other Biblical requirements. We are sorry for any inconvenience that this causes. We encourage others NOT to try to make the RWP available publicly without contacting the copyright holder.
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by MBushell View Post
    Greg,
    It was removed because we learned that the last volume is still under copyright.
    Mike
    While I miss the RWP (sort of... only a little, really), I really admire and appreciate the integrity of BW.
    Steve Watkins
    First Baptist Church, San Lorenzo Valley
    www.slvbaptist.org

Default Public Domain Substitute for RWP

In the next version of BibleWorks, would it be possible to substitute Vincent's Word Studies for RWP?

Kevin
    Prof. Kevin W. Woodruff, M. Div., M. S. I. S.
    Special Collections and Special Projects Librarian/Instructor in Christian Studies
    Bryan College Library
    Box 7793
    Bryan College
    721 Bryan College Drive
    Dayton, Tennessee 37321
    United States of America
    kwoodruff3540@bryan.college
    cierpke@prodigy.net
    423/775-7430 (office)
    812/821-4512 (mobile)