Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: BW8 and previously purchased modules

Quote Originally Posted by Gospelizer View Post
    ... Oops! Old age, I guess!
    If I'm making an erroneous assumption about whether you need Grecian Formula or not, I apologize. No harm nor foul was intended.

But old age ain't bad.

First of all, you made it and congratulations!

Second of all ...

• Proverbs 16:31 Gray hair is a crown of splendor; it is attained by a righteous life.

• Proverbs 20:29 The glory of young men is their strength, gray hair the splendor of the old.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Neighoff View Post
    I received BDAG and HALOT codes on the email that I received from BW. In fact I got the email with the codes BEFORE, three hours before, I received the notification email that BW8 was being shipped.
    Very good news. Awesome. The light at the end of the tunnel, for the rest of us, is not the front of an oncoming train.

It's just a guess, but I suspect that there is a problem with knowing who purchased what modules in the past.

They probably have record of all the purchases, but not necessarily able to easily identify multiple purchases to a single user. For example, I purchased BDAG when BW5 was the most current. I believe I registered, but if that registration was not associated with my subsequent BW6, BW7, and BW8 purchases as the same user (and not different users) they would have no way to know that when I purchased BW8, I am the same person who purchased BW5 and BDAG. This is a common problem with computer records - multiple records for the same user.

I don't know that this is the case, but I do suspect it. If it is the case, I think we should just be patient as they try to solve the problem. They are most likely overwhelmed right now. I'm confident that whatever the issue, they will solve it as soon as they are able.

We all appreciate the unsurpassed value and service that BW provides. In times like these, I think we should return the appreciation with patience.

I have been using BW since version 5. I bought BDAG and HALOT for BW7, so when I got the new codes, it showed the old code along with the new ones.
    Numbers 6:24-26
    יְבָרֶכְךָ יְהוָה וְיִשְׁמְרֶךָ׃
    יָאֵר יְהוָה פָּנָיו אֵלֶיךָ וִיחֻנֶּךָּ׃
    יִשָּׂא יְהוָה פָּנָיו אֵלֶיךָ וְיָשֵׂם לְךָ שָׁלוֹם׃

The main BibleWorks website does have this word at the top of it:

January 12, 2009 Shipment Status: BibleWorks 8 began shipping on January 5, 2009. Orders are being fulfilled first for those having paid for expedited shipment and then regular orders (3-5 business days in the US, 6-10 business days international) in the order received. Because of the volume of orders, it will take several days for all orders to be shipped. Thank you for your patience.
    If you can remember back to the BW7 release days, they actually ran out of the first printing of CDs to ship and had a slight delay for beta-testers because they had to wait for their next shipment to arrive. I'm guessing from the signs of email-boxes and voice-mails being clogged, that they're actually really really busy right now and not out at the bars celebrating (at least not quite yet...).
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!

only a Sushi bar, I believe.....
    Numbers 6:24-26
    יְבָרֶכְךָ יְהוָה וְיִשְׁמְרֶךָ׃
    יָאֵר יְהוָה פָּנָיו אֵלֶיךָ וִיחֻנֶּךָּ׃
    יִשָּׂא יְהוָה פָּנָיו אֵלֶיךָ וְיָשֵׂם לְךָ שָׁלוֹם׃

I do not have a problem with the fact that the BDAG and HALOT may have been overlooked. I am beginning to have a problem with the delay in responding to the e mails and a full mail box. I understand they are busy and will wait, but would love some reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Neighoff View Post
    only a Sushi bar, I believe.....
    Candy bar?

Quote Originally Posted by jfidel View Post
    I do not have a problem with the fact that the BDAG and HALOT may have been overlooked. I am beginning to have a problem with the delay in responding to the e mails and a full mail box. I understand they are busy and will wait, but would love some reply.
    I agree. Even an automated e-mail response would be better than no response whatsoever. How do I even know my messages were received?

Default Long time owners of BDAG/HALOT

If you've been a long time owner of BDAG/HALOT, you might remember that BW did not have order records nor copies of your unlock code. If you lost the code, it was like taking a book off your shelf and throwing it in the trashman's truck-it was gone! Since then, they began tracking who had ordered what modules, later, who had what unlock codes, and, now, BW8 activation codes. This of course helps the forgetful or unorganized user and also protects the copyright holders/licensers.

If you have owned modules for some years, BW may not know you have them or what your code was. My suggestion is to provide the relevant information (previous BW s/n, BW8 activation code, and original unlock codes) to service@bibleworks.com and ask for a BW8 code for that module. Then be patient and wait.

Remember the few service personnel are trying to serve everyone (potential customers asking questions!!!; impatient-mailbox-watchers; need-help-installers; and those of us who need one more piece to make our BW8 puzzle complete). Compared to eternal values, a few more days of waiting for a computer program is rather insignificant.

Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself, and our God and Father, who has loved us and given us everlasting consolation and good hope by grace,
    comfort your hearts and establish you in every good word and work. (2Th 2:16-17 NKJ)