Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: BW8 and previously purchased modules

Default BW8 and previously purchased modules

I've tried contacting tech support but, so far, to no avail. I purchased BDAG and HALOT a couple of versions back. Unfortunately, I cannot install and activate them in BW8. Should I have received new codes for them? I received other codes with BW8, but not the codes for BDAG and HALOT. Perhaps I need to wait longer than 24 hours for a response from tech support. If so, I apologize for my impatience. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by pstrickert View Post
    I've tried contacting tech support but, so far, to no avail. I purchased BDAG and HALOT a couple of versions back. Unfortunately, I cannot install and activate them in BW8. Should I have received new codes for them? I received other codes with BW8, but not the codes for BDAG and HALOT. Perhaps I need to wait longer than 24 hours for a response from tech support. If so, I apologize for my impatience. Thank you.
    If you've properly purchased those modules in the past and have your codes, even if there is some problem getting activation working right now, I would say you're in fine shape. You can try emailing them directly, but I'd give tech support another day or two. There's always a bottleneck the first few days products come out. A family member of mine got an iPod touch for Christmas and we weren't able to update the firmware on it all Christmas break because Apple's servers were overloaded. If Apple can't properly handle a big release, how much more stress for the smaller guys!
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!

Default Email BW service

My unlock codes came by email when the shipment was made. The email listed codes of my modules for both "BibleWorks8" activation codes and "BibleWorks" unlock codes (before version 8). The codes are different.

When BW first started selling modules, such as BDAG/HALOT with BW5, they didn't keep records of who had purchased what unlock code. If you lost your card with the code, you lost the module. They have definitely improved the system to help customers!

So email service@bibleworks.com with all your relevant information (BW7 serial no., BW8 serial no, and old unlock codes). During this busy time for them, make it easier for them to get you a fast response.

I appreciate the help. I still have two sets of codes for each product -- BDAG and HALOT. One set replaced the other, as I recall. I'm sure we'll get it straightened out.

Default BW8 and previously purchased modules

Like PStrickert I too have failed to install previously purchased modules (HALOT, BDAG, and APNT). I wrote to Technical Support, but as that was only three minutes ago I don't expect a reply just yet - that was before I found this forum. I wasn't given the choice of HALOT, APNT and BDAG at the custom installation stage, and I can't see them in the newly installed BW8 Database folder. What should I do next? Uninstall BW8, reinstall BW7, copy and save the databases of those modues, uninstall BW7, reinstall BW8, copy the databases into the Database folder? And then how wouldo I get 5-character-group serial keys into a form that only allows 4-character groups?

I dont know BibleWorks 8, but I would suspect certain menu items didn't change versus BibleWorks 5. In BibleWorks 5, I unlock my BDAG and HALOT on re-installation this way: File, Unlock Database . Then you are prompted to put in the codes from those cards. Works like a charm.

Hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by brainout View Post
    I dont know BibleWorks 8, but I would suspect certain menu items didn't change versus BibleWorks 5. In BibleWorks 5, I unlock my BDAG and HALOT on re-installation this way: File, Unlock Database . Then you are prompted to put in the codes from those cards. Works like a charm.

Hope that helps.

I don't have BW8 either at this point, but from what I understand they have changed the unlock codes completely on all purchased module to cut back on pirating, I can't remember if there are more or less numbers in the code. So the previous unlock codes will not work at all, which is why most have been receiving them via e-mail before the program reaches the door.
    Chris Sansom
    M. Div. Concordia Seminary
    Google+
    Facebook!
    LibraryThing!

This is one item that did, in fact, change in BW8.

Pirating???? A BIBLE LEXICON???? LOL so much for the claim that we Christians are motivated by Christ! I mean, what's lower -- to be an axe murderer, or to pirate a BIBLE lexicon? I bet God will say pirating is lower, at the Bema -- at least murder only murders a human being who then hopefully goes to heaven (or had enough time to believe in the Gospel, if he does not, God foreknowing all).

But to murder the WORD that lives and abides forever by PIRATING? Ouch! Sure wouldn't want to be the object of THAT Divine Discipline!

10. Default laborer is worthy of his hire

Dear brainout, I hope that I am misreading what you've written, and that you are simply writing a 'tongue-in-cheek' response to what Sansom48 wrote.....

if not......Please recognize that this is an example of the principle that a "laborer is worthy of his wages" (Luke 10.7; cf., 1 Tim. 5.18). Just as the folks at BibleWorks have had to pay fees, royalties, et al, to those who hold the copyrights on various module items, so then, we too, as their customers, justly pay them for these. In this sinful world, some might seek to wrongfully (sinfully) avoid paying, and/or 'pirate' the product, so measures against such sinful behaviors must be employed. All very appropriate and godly.
    In Him, Bennett B. Wethered
    Pastor, Dayspring Orthodox Presbyterian Church
    Warrenton/New Baltimore, Virginia
    www.dayspringopc.org