Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: BibleWorks 8

Quote Originally Posted by MWMiles View Post
    I'd also like to know what the parallel project is before I upgrade from version 7 to version 8. If the parallel project is a Linux port I'll buy that instead.

Anyone want to give a clue?

Thanks,
    Mike
    Sorry Mike. No Unix port is in the offing any time soon. Our programming staff is just too limited. If we charged $600 for the package (and people would pay that) then we might have the resources to do it

Quote Originally Posted by MBushell View Post
    Sorry Mike. No Unix port is in the offing any time soon. Our programming staff is just too limited. If we charged $600 for the package (and people would pay that) then we might have the resources to do it
    Hmmm. If you gave me the source code as well for the $600 bucks, I'd buy it.

After the release we can consider a few simple additions, but for a while we will need to tweak the many new features with user input.
    I really was just half-kidding before. I didn't mean to upset the apple cart. I'm not clear if you're saying that the feature is already in there or not, but there's no hurry if it's not. I would expect some time to pass after the release to make sure the existing features are working fluently.

Actually, if you want a REAL complaint, how about why do we have to wait till mid December for our CD's??? There is absolutely no reason whatsoever why you BW folks should eat or sleep while we're sitting here waiting!

Thumbs up

I went ahead and purchased the upgrade. Thanks to you and the other folks at BibleWorks for all your hard work in making us a spiffy new version of the best Bible study software on the planet.

I just ordered mine as well. I'm so blown away by the Bibleworks software and the staff that supports it. Thanks for great news about the upgrade.

Blessings,
    Dave
    David Spear
    Calvary Chapel of Manassas
    Manassas, Va. 20110
    http://www.calvarychapelmanassas.org/
    KJV Romans 3:28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without (apart from) the deeds of the law.

No paper-bound manual for BW8, correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Adelphos View Post
    I really was just half-kidding before. I didn't mean to upset the apple cart. I'm not clear if you're saying that the feature is already in there or not, but there's no hurry if it's not. I would expect some time to pass after the release to make sure the existing features are working fluently.

Actually, if you want a REAL complaint, how about why do we have to wait till mid December for our CD's??? There is absolutely no reason whatsoever why you BW folks should eat or sleep while we're sitting here waiting!
    Scott,
    I don't like the delay either. The reason is that we wanted to release at SBL and that decision had to be made a long time in advance. Beta testing didn't go as smooth as we had hoped so now were are stuck with the delay. We are still ironing out some last minute bugs but hope to send disks to the manufacturer in a week or so. A lot depends on how soon they can turn it around.
    Mike

Default Paper Manual

Correct. The biggest problem with paper manuals is how quickly they become obsolete - and the amount of manpower needed to maintain them (in addition to online help and other things like tutorial videos). I confess that I like paper manuals myself, but I also have to confess that I never use them. You have to keep in mind that BibleWorks is a small company trying to produce a quality product for a rather small market. It's not easy to do that and stay in business - though God has been gracious and we've been here for 17 years.

I don't like the delay either. The reason is that we wanted to release at SBL and that decision had to be made a long time in advance.
    You know, in spite of the ridiculous rant in the other thread, you guys should really know that I've never encountered a software company who is as responsive to user needs as BW, and I'm sure others can echo that sentiment. Moreover, as has also been mentioned by myself and others, for what you actually get in BW8 in the baseline package, the price is so ridiculously low that that in and of itself actually makes a character statement about the BW company. Personally, I would like to extend my individual thanks for your committment to your users. I know that I and many others have benefitted from it.

Beta testing didn't go as smooth as we had hoped so now were are stuck with the delay.
    Well, clearly, you just didn't pray enough!

The wait is really not a problem at all. I've got so many financial committments right now, like another exorbitant property tax, that I may not even upgrade till after the new year anyway. Then again, maybe the Lord Jesus will open the temple granaries for me before then.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by calvary View Post
    I'm so blown away by the Bibleworks software and the staff that supports it. Thanks for great news about the upgrade.
    fo' shizzle on that.