Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Linux Users: Wine 1.0

Default Some thoughts...

Just to clarify, the toolbar stopped showing up with the 7.0 release - before that it showed up fine. Does wine handle unicode keyboard layouts yet? That was the biggest disappointment of using BW7 under wine - no typing unicode hebrew/greek.

As for the crashing html help files. I used to do two things to solve that problem:

1. Held my nose and installed whatever version of IE worked with the IE install scripts for wine (then promptly erased any detectable presence of it on my kde install).
    2. Made sure that BW is running with it's windows version set to at least win2000 (though winXP always seemed to work better for me).

Don't know if they'll still work (I'm running vmware fusion for my BW needs at the moment) - but I've got advocate access over at codeweavers so maybe I'll see what I can get working.

I am using "gcin" for keyboard input, which does allow me to enter Greek, which Bibleworks receives just fine.

Still not able to close a html help file without it crashing my Bibleworks though :[

Default huh..

you got me, what's gcin?

Matthew, thank you for all of your helpful information!

Quote Originally Posted by wezlo View Post
    you got me, what's gcin?
    Gcin is an input method in Linux, mostly used for Chinese input. However, it also has the ability to type Greek.

Default Yah...

Found it on freashmeat - if they get Hebrew support linux users will have a complete solution!

Found it on freashmeat - if they get Hebrew support linux users will have a complete solution!
    Gcin will probably never add Hebrew support. It is mainly for Chinese and I dn't think it has plans to change that. Have you tried out scim before? It is more robust and full than gcin, and I think I saw somewhere it has Hebrew support. Scim is the most standard multi-language input method in Linux.

Default Nope...

I haven't - but I'm on Mac now (using Fusion), so I might not get the chance any time soon.

Default A little off topic

Does wine handle unicode keyboard layouts yet? That was the biggest disappointment of using BW7 under wine - no typing unicode hebrew/greek.
    With unicode export from BW to clipboard working fine for both Greek and Hebrew why would a person need this? Why not just work in OO or editor of choice and input with unicode in Linux? Seems to be the simplest route to me.
    "I can only say that I am nothing but a poor sinner, trusting in Christ alone for salvation"--R. E. Lee
    "It is not our task to secure the triumph of truth, but merely to fight on its behalf."--Blaise Pascal

Default Because..

there's times when I just want to use the BW editor to save real-estate.