Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best Bible for the "Name"

I am not sure if this is "ok" or not for a BW user... but wouldn't it be possible to export the ASV (or another older translations), do a find and replace (in the ASV's case for Jehovah), and recompile it back into BW as a custom Bible? You would minimally need to give credit as name it differently in BW (and who knows what else) but maybe that would be possible?

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Luna View Post
    I am not sure if this is "ok" or not for a BW user... but wouldn't it be possible to export the ASV (or another older translations), do a find and replace (in the ASV's case for Jehovah), and recompile it back into BW as a custom Bible? You would minimally need to give credit as name it differently in BW (and who knows what else) but maybe that would be possible?
    Very cool idea Joshua.

Quote Originally Posted by Ephraim View Post
    I'm a newby and have'nt received my software yet. I'm looking for a bible with the Name Yahweh being used instead of "the lord". I know there is a Rotherham bible at online bible.org but not sure if there is one with BW?
    NJB uses “Yahweh.” Occasional users of “Yahweh” are: BBE (8 times), CSB (78), NAB (3), NLT (10). And TNK uses “YHWH” only once.
    ASV, DBY, YLT use “Jehovah.” And occasional users of “Jehovah” are: KJV (7), ERV (15), JPS (1), RWB (8), and WEB (14).
    CJB uses “ADONAI” and “ELOHIM” (in NT as well).
    The abbreviations are from BibleWorks 7, and the numbers are taken from BW7 as of November 2007.
    Last edited by Yaku Lee; 05-14-2008 at 09:55 AM. Reason: For clarity.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Yaku Lee View Post
    NJB uses “Yahweh.” Occasional users of “Yahweh” are: BBE (8 times), CSB (78), NAB (3), NLT (10). And TNK uses “YHWH” only once.
    ASV, DBY, YLT use “Jehovah.” And occasional users of “Jehovah” are: KJV (7), ERV (15), JPS (1), RWB (8), and WEB (14).
    CJB uses “ADONAI” (and “ELOHIM” in NT).
    The abbreviations are from BibleWorks 7, and the numbers are taken from BW7 as of November 2007.
    Very informative and definitive work!