Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Searching the Maqqeph in Hebrew

Hi Scott,

Do you mean: export the text along with accents and vowels and then make relevant replacements?

Hmmm, that'll take some time, and it may be quicker to just make manual corrections to the (couple of hundred?) compound names that require a space but have been joined in exporting.

I think it would be good if the "export option" "Remove Hebrew space-dots" worked for what I have attempted to do.

Thanks,
    David.

OK, task accomplished.

I exported WTT with accents and vowels. Then replaced ~ with ))))) (just to be safe!). Then compiled this new text. I then exported this text without accents and vowels. Then in this new text I replaced ))))) with a space. I also replaced $ and & with # and every -_ and - with a space. All this results in a text when compiled into BW is purely a consonantal text. Fantastic.

Regards,
    David Kummerow.
    Last edited by David Kummerow; 11-26-2007 at 10:09 PM. Reason: fixed mistakes

Default searchign maqqefs

Enough's enough. The guys at the company can make a macro in 1/2 hour to let us export what we want - cantillated, pointed text OR clean text OR half and half: pointed not cantillated either 1) pointed not cantillated with sin/shin dots;or 2) pointed not cantillated without sin/shin dots. Don't drive the users nuts!
    Andrew Fincke

Quote Originally Posted by David Kummerow View Post
    OK, task accomplished.

I exported WTT with accents and vowels. Then replaced ~ with ))))) (just to be safe!). Then compiled this new text. I then exported this text without accents and vowels. Then in this new text I replaced ))))) with a space. I also replaced $ and & with # and every -_ and - with a space. All this results in a text when compiled into BW is purely a consonantal text. Fantastic.

Regards,
    David Kummerow.
    That's pretty much what I was suggesting. I just didn't know how much replacing it would take.

Anyway, now that you've got it, how about uploading here, or emailing it to me and I'll make it available on my site until Michael (hopefully) puts it on his blog.

Hi Scott,

I've uploaded here as the forum allowable file size is quite small.

Regards,
    David.

I've also made it available on our server. Unfortunately this is the last week of the quarter and next week is finals week, but hopefully in two weeks I'll be able to post a few more things on the blog (finally).

http://bibleworks.oldinthenew.org/version/wtc.zip

mike
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!

Thanks David and Michael. And David especially for the tedious work. And Michael, Godspeed on your finals.

I had to redo the version as I discovered a few errors (with the positioning of aleph and due to my ")))))" method).

Please grab the file again from here.

@Michael
    Are you interested in adding colorised Hebrew accents. The file is here.

Regards,
    David.

Quote Originally Posted by David Kummerow View Post
    I had to redo the version as I discovered a few errors (with the positioning of aleph and due to my ")))))" method).

Please grab the file again from here.

@Michael
    Are you interested in adding colorised Hebrew accents. The file is here.

Regards,
    David.
    Yeah i will upload them both later tonight. The blog explanation for them will still have to wait a couple of weeks, but if you want to write up an explanation of what the coloring is for the blog, that would make my job easier
    Michael Hanel
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    LibraryThing!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Hanel View Post
    Yeah i will upload them both later tonight. The blog explanation for them will still have to wait a couple of weeks, but if you want to write up an explanation of what the coloring is for the blog, that would make my job easier
    ...finally posted here: http://bibleworks.oldinthenew.org/20...-file-and.html
    Michael Hanel
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    LibraryThing!