Thread: a question about search engine in BW 4

Default a question about search engine in BW 4

Hi
    I am a user of Bible Works 4. I would like to know if there is a possability of doing a search of a particular word or phrase on all the English Bible versions at one time? If so. How do I set that up? Right now if I want to do a search on a word or a phrase I must go to each English version one at a time in the results window. That takes a lot of time. I would like to be able to search all English versions at one time.

Thanks for your help.

I'm not sure if that's possible in version 4 or not, but I don't think it is. That's the bad news.

The good news is, it is very possible in version 7! BW7 has a "Cross Version Search" mode, that enables you to search across all same-language versions.

You ought to consider the upgrade - there are many, many new features and enhancements under the hood that will aid your studies greatly!
    Steve Watkins
    First Baptist Church, San Lorenzo Valley
    www.slvbaptist.org

I think that was added in version 5 if I'm not mistaken (and I certainly might be), but that doesn't help you, does it.

I heartily endorse moving up to version 7 (finances permitting, of course). There have been sooooo many improvements since v. 4.