Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Running bw on an Intel Mac

Default Copy

Quote Originally Posted by Dogfish Jones View Post
    Update: Everything is silky smooth on the C2D. And the MBP isn't running as hot as the previous one was. Interesting.

Regarding cut- or copy-n-pasting, I actually hadn't tried getting any text out of BW yet. I have copied from Logos and Pradis to Word:Mac without any trouble though. I did just try and was unsuccessful. I imagine a clunky work-around would be to copy the text within Windows to Word or something and then copy it again to see if Parallels picks it up then.
    I have the same problem copying from BW to Word on MBP with Parallels as well. I can however copy from BW when I go to Pages, TextEdit, or Entourage. I have no idea why this happens. It works the same in Logos so I am pretty sure that it is something with in Word.

I am successfully running BW on Parallels for Mac running Windows Vista Beta RC1, but I am getting an error message on startup that shows a window saying: Unrecognized entry in file, n n. This pops up about ten times and then loads normal. It happened after I transferred my "init" folder from my old PC.

Anyone run into similar problems? I will probably run out and buy Parallels for Mac. I am running a trial copy now, which is why I installed Vista. I will have to try and uninstall and reinstall and see if that fixes the problem.

Ryan

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Lane View Post
    I have the same problem copying from BW to Word on MBP with Parallels as well. I can however copy from BW when I go to Pages, TextEdit, or Entourage. I have no idea why this happens. It works the same in Logos so I am pretty sure that it is something with in Word.
    Mike, have you played with the new Beta3 and coherence mode? Has it fixed this issue?
    David Garrison
    Pastor for Emerging Ministries
    Southminster Presbyterian Church
    St. Louis, MO

Quote Originally Posted by Dogfish Jones View Post
    Mike, have you played with the new Beta3 and coherence mode? Has it fixed this issue?
    No i have not but but the problem was solved with Build no. 1970 November 1, 2006. I would love to run beta 3 but don't have teh time. Have you used it any?

Actually, I was still having the problem with 1970. Now with 3186, it's gone. Coherence mode is incredible. It's as if Windows isn't even running.
    David Garrison
    Pastor for Emerging Ministries
    Southminster Presbyterian Church
    St. Louis, MO

Default CrossOver Help

I have loaded a trial version of CrossOver and loaded BibleWorks 7, and I've been able to install the program, but it won't run. When I open the program for the first time, I am asked to register, and regardless of which option I choose, as soon as the registration box closes, I get an error that "BibleWorks has encountered a severe error and must shut down." Batuwaa mentioned something about "code-tweaked" CrossOver... do I need to do something to CrossOver to get it to run?

If anybody has any suggestions, I'd really love to hear them. Thanks.

Default CrossOver

Can't help with Crossover but would suggest that you look at Paralles. It works great!!

Default Installing BW 8 with/into CrossOver

We bought the CD for BibleWorks 8 which, we found, had CrossOver 9.1 bundled with it. Installed both. I looked for a BW application icon to open it, found only icons for data files. Upon opening CrossOver, the Welcome window reads
    "To get started installing Windows software:
    Insert an install CD, or use the CrossOver Software Installer."
    I ran the software installer. It asked me to select from a list of supported software, BibleWorks not being on said list.
    I'd think there would be a workaround, since they bundled the Crossover software on the BW CD. Ideas?

Default Installing BW 8 with/into CrossOver

Dear KennyBeeDBQ,

BibleWorks isn't distributed the way you've described it here. Please contact BibleWorks Customer Support to obtain assistance with your difficulty. Thanks.