Thread: Tabs in Parallel BHS/LXX Database

Post Tabs in Parallel BHS/LXX Database

Hi,

I'm trying to find out how the numbered tabs are supposed to work in the Parallel Alignment Window. I can't seem to find anything in the online help. Am I missing something? Any pointers or tips would be appreciated.

For what I've seen so far, it definitely seems to keep the searches (provided a tab is selected before performing the search), but I don't think it behaves exactly the same as the tabs found in the main Search Window. Besides, there is no tab context menu...

Thanks,

Rubén Gómez
    Last edited by Ruben Gomez; 09-21-2006 at 08:17 AM.

Default BHS/LXX Tabs

I hadn't really bothered with the tabs until you mentioned them here, Rubén.

It does look like the "BHS/LXX Alignment" tab functions like the Browse Window of the program. The numbered tabs function like the Search Window tabs.

BUT, as you noted, there is not a context menu to clear tabs or to save tabs. If you close down the BHS/LXX and then reopen, all your tabs are clear.

NOTE to BW support: Context menu with BHS/LXX tabs just like that for the Search Window tabs would be nice.
    Mark G. Vitalis Hoffman
    Professor of Biblical Studies
    Lutheran Theological Seminary at Gettysburg
    ltsg.edu - CrossMarks.com
    Biblical Studies and Technological Tools

Hi Ruben,

Run a search in the parallel bhs lxx. This will provide a search results box. Select tab 2 and then click on one of the search results. Select tab 3 and then another search result.

You now have the verses for your different hebrew/greek combinations saved in the tabs.

Close the parallel bhs lxx resource and the tabs will clear.

John Fidel

Default Re: Tabs in Parallel BHS/LXX Database

Thank you both for your feedback. It does seem a bit pointless to have this feature without actually being able to mirror the behavior of the tabs found in the main Search window...

Best,

Rubén Gómez