Thread: New "unofficial" BibleWorks Blog

Arrow New "unofficial" BibleWorks Blog

Michael Hanel and I have been working on putting together a BibleWorks blog for the purpose of creating a central location for user-created databases and for the purpose of highlighting different ways of using BibleWorks. This is an unofficial blog - connected to BibleWorks only by the fact that Michael and I are avid/rabid users of the program.

One of the advantages of having a BibleWorks blog, is that you can now subscribe to the RSS feed and get updates each time Michael and I add a new file or post a change. A running list of these files is now maintained at http://bibleworks.oldinthenew.org/files.html.

Check it out: http://bibleworks.oldinthenew.org.
    Jim Darlack - Associate Director of Goddard Library /
    Reference Librarian at Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary

Gloucester Assembly of God | Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary
    The 'Unofficial' BibleWorks Blog | Old in the New | Facebook | LibraryThing

Default I like it!

Jim,

I like the new site a lot, and will be sure to use it. Hopefully this will also be a good route for people to discuss areas that are not quite appropriate for the official BibleWorks forums, but related - such as discussing collaboration on new resources, etc.

One question, though - I couldn't find your or Michael Hanel's email address on the site anywhere. I would like to post a couple of new resource, but to you first. What is your email?

Also, anyone can post a Comment on your blog. But can only you and Michael post a new blog?

Thanks -- Ewan

Quote Originally Posted by Ewan MacLeod
    Jim,

I like the new site a lot, and will be sure to use it. Hopefully this will also be a good route for people to discuss areas that are not quite appropriate for the official BibleWorks forums, but related - such as discussing collaboration on new resources, etc.

One question, though - I couldn't find your or Michael Hanel's email address on the site anywhere. I would like to post a couple of new resource, but to you first. What is your email?

Also, anyone can post a Comment on your blog. But can only you and Michael post a new blog?

Thanks -- Ewan
    Ewan, you can email us via the forums here if you click on our names. MY email address is also in the modules I post in the readme.txt files. I'm not big on posting my email address on the web because of the spam consequences.

Also I don't believe the blog is limited to just us. If you or anyone else have any things you want to post you can definitely be a contributor. We just happen to be the ones who started it, but it's always open to more people.
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!