Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: India

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    5

    Default India

    Is there anyout there who uses Bibleworks in India?

  2. #2

    Default

    Hi, Wil,
    I used to be in India. What's your need? I don't have any versions in Indian languages, if that's what you're looking for.

    Dan Pater

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wil
    Is there anyout there who uses Bibleworks in India?
    I am not in India, but I know some guys who are and use BibleWorks. Email me offline and I can put you in contact with them.
    Joe Fleener

    jfleener@digitalexegesis.com
    Home Page: www.digitalexegesis.com
    Blog: http://emethaletheia.blogspot.com/

    Annotated Bibliography of Online Research Tools: www.digitalexegesis.com/bibliography

    User Created BibleWorks Modules: www.digitalexegesis.com/bibleworks



    Psalm 46:11
    `#r<a'(B' ~Wra' ~yIAGB; ~Wra' ~yhi_l{a/ ykinOa'-yKi W[d>W WPr>h;

  4. #4

    Question Works well in India ;-)

    Quote Originally Posted by Wil
    Is there anyout there who uses Bibleworks in India?
    I use BibleWorks when I'm in India, and it seems to work just as well there as it does when I'm in Cambridge, Kiev, or Philadelphia

    I guess that's not what you're asking though. What's behind the question? I visit there to teach frequently, and could perhaps respond to that.

    Dale A. Brueggemann

    כִּי עֶזְרָא הֵכִין לְבָבוֹ לִדְרוֹשׁ אֶת־תּוֹרַת יְהוָה וְלַעֲשֹׂת וּלְלַמֵּד בְּיִשְׂרָאֵל חֹק וּמִשְׁפָּט (Ezra 7:10)


  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by paterdr
    Hi, Wil,
    I used to be in India. What's your need? I don't have any versions in Indian languages, if that's what you're looking for.

    Dan Pater
    Dear Dan,

    Thank you for the reply. I was wondering about the internet connection in India for doing updates. Was it slow when you were there? If so, what did you do about it? Jesus bless you.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dale A. Brueggemann
    I use BibleWorks when I'm in India, and it seems to work just as well there as it does when I'm in Cambridge, Kiev, or Philadelphia

    I guess that's not what you're asking though. What's behind the question? I visit there to teach frequently, and could perhaps respond to that.
    Dear Dale,

    Thank you for responding. The reason I asked was to see how the internet connection works there from a home to do updates. I don't know if broadband is available in homes. Thanks again Dale. Lord bless you.

  7. #7

    Default Internet hookup in India

    Quote Originally Posted by Wil
    The reason I asked was to see how the internet connection works there from a home to do updates. I don't know if broadband is available in homes. Thanks again Dale. Lord bless you.
    That would depend upon where you were. Where I am outside of Bangalore, I am getting on for e-mail at slow dial-up speed, which means even getting my e-mail is hard, so I would never attempt to update. But if I were in town there, I would very possibly have DSL. And the same would go for other key cities like Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, etc. You might make some inquiries with people if you already know where this would be operating.

    Dale A. Brueggemann

    כִּי עֶזְרָא הֵכִין לְבָבוֹ לִדְרוֹשׁ אֶת־תּוֹרַת יְהוָה וְלַעֲשֹׂת וּלְלַמֵּד בְּיִשְׂרָאֵל חֹק וּמִשְׁפָּט (Ezra 7:10)


  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    5

    Default Thanks Dale

    Dear Dale,

    Thank you for the information.

  9. #9

    Default

    In Delhi, too, you can have dial-up, DSL, cable and probably satellite. They were doing an installation of optic fibre some years ago that by now would make things very quick. Again, you have lots of choices and get what you're willing to pay for. I didn't have too much of a problem with dialup.
    Dan

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    5

    Default Internet in India

    Thanks Dan

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •