Thread: India

Default India

Is there anyout there who uses Bibleworks in India?

Hi, Wil,
    I used to be in India. What's your need? I don't have any versions in Indian languages, if that's what you're looking for.

Dan Pater

Quote Originally Posted by Wil
    I am not in India, but I know some guys who are and use BibleWorks. Email me offline and I can put you in contact with them.
    Joe Fleener

jfleener@digitalexegesis.com
    Home Page: www.digitalexegesis.com
    Blog: http://emethaletheia.blogspot.com/

Annotated Bibliography of Online Research Tools: www.digitalexegesis.com/bibliography

User Created BibleWorks Modules: www.digitalexegesis.com/bibleworks

Psalm 46:11
    `#r<a'(B' ~Wra' ~yIAGB; ~Wra' ~yhi_l{a/ ykinOa'-yKi W[d>W WPr>h;

Question Works well in India ;-)

I use BibleWorks when I'm in India, and it seems to work just as well there as it does when I'm in Cambridge, Kiev, or Philadelphia

I guess that's not what you're asking though. What's behind the question? I visit there to teach frequently, and could perhaps respond to that.

Dale A. Brueggemann

כִּי עֶזְרָא הֵכִין לְבָבוֹ לִדְרוֹשׁ אֶת־תּוֹרַת יְהוָה וְלַעֲשֹׂת וּלְלַמֵּד בְּיִשְׂרָאֵל חֹק וּמִשְׁפָּט (Ezra 7:10)

Quote Originally Posted by paterdr
    Hi, Wil,
    I used to be in India. What's your need? I don't have any versions in Indian languages, if that's what you're looking for.

Dan Pater
    Dear Dan,

Thank you for the reply. I was wondering about the internet connection in India for doing updates. Was it slow when you were there? If so, what did you do about it? Jesus bless you.

Quote Originally Posted by Dale A. Brueggemann
    I use BibleWorks when I'm in India, and it seems to work just as well there as it does when I'm in Cambridge, Kiev, or Philadelphia

I guess that's not what you're asking though. What's behind the question? I visit there to teach frequently, and could perhaps respond to that.
    Dear Dale,

Thank you for responding. The reason I asked was to see how the internet connection works there from a home to do updates. I don't know if broadband is available in homes. Thanks again Dale. Lord bless you.

Default Internet hookup in India

The reason I asked was to see how the internet connection works there from a home to do updates. I don't know if broadband is available in homes. Thanks again Dale. Lord bless you.
    That would depend upon where you were. Where I am outside of Bangalore, I am getting on for e-mail at slow dial-up speed, which means even getting my e-mail is hard, so I would never attempt to update. But if I were in town there, I would very possibly have DSL. And the same would go for other key cities like Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, etc. You might make some inquiries with people if you already know where this would be operating.

Dale A. Brueggemann

כִּי עֶזְרָא הֵכִין לְבָבוֹ לִדְרוֹשׁ אֶת־תּוֹרַת יְהוָה וְלַעֲשֹׂת וּלְלַמֵּד בְּיִשְׂרָאֵל חֹק וּמִשְׁפָּט (Ezra 7:10)

Default Thanks Dale

Dear Dale,

Thank you for the information.

In Delhi, too, you can have dial-up, DSL, cable and probably satellite. They were doing an installation of optic fibre some years ago that by now would make things very quick. Again, you have lots of choices and get what you're willing to pay for. I didn't have too much of a problem with dialup.
    Dan

Default Internet in India

Thanks Dan