Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Annoying blank lines after reference when importing verses

Default Annoying blank lines after reference when importing verses

With BW 6, I had the formatting for importing verses to my word processor set so that the reference is listed and the verse printed underneath the reference:

Acts 2:41
    ESV 41 So those who received his word were baptized, and there were added that day about three thousand souls.

With BW 7, though, I get the following, with two annoying blank lines between the reference and the verse:

Acts 2:41

ESV 41 So those who received his word were baptized, and there were added that day about three thousand souls.

Perhaps I'm just overlooking something simple in options somewhere that I did in version 6 but have failed to do in version 7 (and am having a serious senior moment---more numerous post age 50!), so please be gentle.

Thanks

Default The Same

I just tried it and I am seeing the following.

I have a blank Word doc open.

I copy one verse from the Copy Center w/ New Line after each verse and Start Block with reference both checked.

I get a blank line - then my reference - then two blank lines - then the text of the verse then another blank line - then my cursor is on the next line..

"
    Deuteronomy 18:10

ESV Deuteronomy 18:10 There shall not be found among you anyone who burns his son or his daughter as an offering, anyone who practices divination or tells fortunes or interprets omens, or a sorcerer

"

Not what I would expect either.
    Joe Fleener

jfleener@digitalexegesis.com
    Home Page: www.digitalexegesis.com
    Blog: http://emethaletheia.blogspot.com/

Annotated Bibliography of Online Research Tools: www.digitalexegesis.com/bibliography

User Created BibleWorks Modules: www.digitalexegesis.com/bibleworks

Psalm 46:11
    `#r<a'(B' ~Wra' ~yIAGB; ~Wra' ~yhi_l{a/ ykinOa'-yKi W[d>W WPr>h;

Default Uncheck "new line" box

Try unchecking the "New line after each verse" checkbox. That may give what you want.

Glenn

Hi Glenn,

That doesn't really change anything. It only makes multiple verse copies run together in paragraph style. The extra lines are still there before and after the reference heading:

"
    Deu 18:10-13

ESV Deu 18:10 There shall not be found among you anyone who burns his son or his daughter as an offering, anyone who practices divination or tells fortunes or interprets omens, or a sorcerer 11 or a charmer or a medium or a wizard or a necromancer, 12 for whoever does these things is an abomination to the LORD. And because of these abominations the LORD your God is driving them out before you. 13 You shall be blameless before the LORD your God,

"
    Joe Fleener

Annotated Bibliography of Online Research Tools: www.digitalexegesis.com/bibliography

Default Time for a bug report

It works fine if I copy to clipboard or to the BW editor, but not if I copy to MS Word 2003.

I guess it is time to send in a bug report. I'll send one.

Glenn

Default Thanks

Thanks Glenn.
    Joe Fleener

Glenn,
    Thanks for jumping on it.
    Bill

I take it that update 7.0.012.y did not address this malady. I'm looking forward to the update which does because I import a lot of verses into word processing programs (Nota Bene and WordPerfect). Removing the blank lines is tedious.

Bill

As a work around until it's fixed, can you search for three paragraph marks and replace it with one? Do a "Replace All" and it should fix it right away. Or am I missing something?

Theoretically, something like that would work. The problem is that my importing is usually in sermon outlines and lecture notes, so I have other blank lines in order to easily find my place.

Thanks.

Bill