Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 27 of 27

Thread: Christ's Words In Red - KJV

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    475

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Isaiah 14:3-5 View Post
    Dear Mr. Scott,

    Does your file work in BW10? I haven't figured out how to make it happen otherwise...
    It does work in BW10. The following is excerpted from this post: https://www.bibleworks.com/forums/sh...tions-of-Jesus

    The BibleWorks Blog offers a colour file "christ red kjv.clr" created by Scott Jones that you can download here: http://bibleworks.oldinthenew.org/?page_id=141
    Copy this file into the BibleWorks 10/databases directory on your computer.

    Make KJV your search version.
    Main menu / Tools / Viewing the Text / Apply Colors to Selected Text
    If the "Apply colors to Selected Text" window that pops up does not list "christ red kjv" click on the KJV verse in your browse window.
    Make sure that the square box beside "christ red kjv" is ticked so that verses in the browse window will be coloured.
    Click on "Close"

    --Jim

  2. #22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Wert View Post

    The BibleWorks Blog offers a colour file "christ red kjv.clr" created by Scott Jones that you can download here: http://bibleworks.oldinthenew.org/?page_id=141
    Copy this file into the BibleWorks 10/databases directory on your computer.

    --Jim
    Thanks very much, Mr. Jim.

    I yet have two problems:

    1) I'm very grateful for your suggested fix, but am unsure how to locate the BibleWorks 10 destination folder (in Windows 10) and I don't have a resident 17-year-old. lol

    2) Very similar to this, I likely need to perform roughly the same steps to get a self-modified BibleWorks map (folder, or files?) into BibleWorks 10. I modified
    the
    BibleWorks Maps module using the built-in tool, but when my old laptop died I didn't know how to migrate that modified folder (or would it be files?) into a new installation of BW 10 on the new laptop. It's been so long ago now that I'm not even sure I managed to extract the modified file from BW 10 on the old laptop, but I think so.

    Provided I still have the modified folder and provided someone is willing to direct me down the correct Start > Settings > ? > ? path, and provided the modified Maps module works in the new installation, I'd be willing to give out the file over in the BibleWorks Blog for others to use. Essentially, my modifications (which required hours of work) makes all place names much more readable as the fonts are smaller, and some things such as watercourses have been rewritten in italics, mountains and certain other important locations are denoted by red symbol-type characters.
    Glenn

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    1,159

    Default

    Dear Glenn,
    The normal path to BibleWorks is C:Program Files/BibleWorks 10. In the BibleWorks folder click on mapdata/overlays. You can drop any modified map files (.lab or .ohd) into that folder. Those two names files have to do with locations, not fonts on the map. So I do not know if the files which you modified go in those folders or in the elevations or views folders. I suggest that, if you can find the files you modified, find those files in one of these BibleWorks mapdata folders, and drop in your files in the same place.
    Mark Eddy

  4. #24

    Default BibleWorks Path and Maps Modifications

    Oh wow, Mr. Eddy, THANK YOU1
    I've been searching for the answer to this one a while.
    Tried PMing you to say thanks but received error message saying your inbox is full...

    THANK YOU, SIR


    Glenn

  5. #25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Wert View Post
    It does work in BW10. The following is excerpted from this post: https://www.bibleworks.com/forums/sh...tions-of-Jesus

    The BibleWorks Blog offers a colour file "christ red kjv.clr" created by Scott Jones that you can download here: http://bibleworks.oldinthenew.org/?page_id=141
    Copy this file into the BibleWorks 10/databases directory on your computer.

    Make KJV your search version.
    Main menu / Tools / Viewing the Text / Apply Colors to Selected Text
    If the "Apply colors to Selected Text" window that pops up does not list "christ red kjv" click on the KJV verse in your browse window.
    Make sure that the square box beside "christ red kjv" is ticked so that verses in the browse window will be coloured.
    Click on "Close"

    --Jim
    Jim,

    I must have done something similiar to this and gotten it incorrect. In the KJV, now every place where 'Jesus' appears it is in red!

    I'm tired of looking at it so went to my BW10/databases directory to remove and cannot find, either under

    christ red kjv.clr

    or

    christredkjv.clr

    I also searched for it in the databases folder, no hit. How do I find it and remove it, regedit?
    Glenn

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    475

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Isaiah 14:3-5 View Post
    Jim,
    I must have done something similiar to this and gotten it incorrect. In the KJV, now every place where 'Jesus' appears it is in red!
    I'm tired of looking at it so went to my BW10/databases directory to remove and cannot find, either under
    christ red kjv.clr
    or
    christredkjv.clr
    I also searched for it in the databases folder, no hit. How do I find it and remove it, regedit?
    The culprit is probably the file "kjv.clr" in BibleWorks 10/databases. I would suggest deleting it after you have logged out of BibleWorks.

    Alternatively, make KJV your search version,
    main menu, Tools/Viewing the text/Apply colors to search results. A window should pop up with a circle, a square, and "kjv" (not in quotes). If the square has a check mark in it, click on that square to uncheck it, and the red should disappear.

    --Jim
    Last edited by Jim Wert; 07-01-2020 at 09:44 PM. Reason: fix typo

  7. #27

    Default Christ's Words in Red

    Boom!


    Fixed



    Thanks!
    Glenn

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •