Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bibleworks 7??? This is WRONG!

Angry Bibleworks 7??? This is WRONG!

I just purchased Bibleworks 6 from the Bibleworks website three weeks ago!!! When I did so, I searched and searched and searched the Bibleworks website looking for any possible HINT of a new version coming out!! I wanted the lastest and greatest version. Seeing none, I went ahead and made this expensive purchase plust some add-ons (well over $500) and now you've got to be kidding me!! I have to pay another $150 to upgrade the version I just bought 3 weeks ago???

This is SOOOOO wrong! They should have a policy that those who just purchased the latest version within the last month can upgrade for free. This is completely unfair especially when they had NO MENTION of a newer version coming up on their own website! Had I known Bibleworks 7 was coming, I would have simply waited for the new version!!

I am extremely disappointed in the Bibleworks company!

Default Go to the source

Did you contact BibleWorks directly first regarding your situation? This public forum is not the place to do that. (This is certainly not a church, but it seems that the principle in Matt. 18 of going to your brother first would still apply here.)

In the past they have had a policy very similar to the one you are so desiring. It would seem that one should contact them directly explain your situation and ask what their upgrade policy will be for people like you before going to a public forum such as this.
    Joe Fleener

jfleener@digitalexegesis.com
    Home Page: www.digitalexegesis.com
    Blog: http://emethaletheia.blogspot.com/

Annotated Bibliography of Online Research Tools: www.digitalexegesis.com/bibliography

User Created BibleWorks Modules: www.digitalexegesis.com/bibleworks

Psalm 46:11
    `#r<a'(B' ~Wra' ~yIAGB; ~Wra' ~yhi_l{a/ ykinOa'-yKi W[d>W WPr>h;

Default immediate and calm contact will prevail

Contact the company immediately.
    Three weeks is a very short time and I have no doubt you will be taken care of without the need for getting upset.
    Microsoft might treat you like a second class citizen, but the folks at BW will treat you like a brother.

Default agreed

I can personally vouch for the comments made. Please contact them. The BW staff and developers are incredibly nice people.

Default No, nothing is wrong!

I've been using BibleWorks for at least a decade, or so it seems, and I have bought and used numerous software products over the years. I can vouch that the staff of the company and Mike in particular are the most reputable and hardworking people you will probably ever encounter.

Quote Originally Posted by DSTAngieB
    This is SOOOOO wrong! They should have a policy that those who just purchased the latest version within the last month can upgrade for free. This is completely unfair especially when they had NO MENTION of a newer version coming up on their own website! Had I known Bibleworks 7 was coming, I would have simply waited for the new version!!
    I know you may be disappointed but you also have to take in mind another person's perspective, namely the BW company. Imagine you're working on a new software release, but you are not sure exactly when it will come out. Let's say you start letting the cat out of the bag, that it will be out in 2 months. How many people do you think will NOT buy your software because they just want to wait until the new one comes out. Now you may think to yourself that's fair, but do you realize what that does to a company? For two months revenues bottom out as people stop buying your program. Now how do you pay the bills, pay the staff, etc?

All I'm saying is before you get too upset, consider the other person's point of view. No one is trying to rob or cheat anyone.
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!

Default One last word regarding the staff...

I bought BW a few weeks ago after debating between BW and "the other program." (I have lots of resources in the other format, so I am familiar it.) After a lot of research and agonizing, I decided on BW6. Part of my decision was seeing all the long-term satisfied users. In this thread alone, one user has been using BW for over 10 years. Ten years ago, I was using a monochrome monitor on an 8088 computer. To know that this program has been around that long give me confidence that
    1) It's mature
    2) It's innovative
    3) It has a loyal following
    4) BW listens to and is fair to its users.

I anxiously await the shipment of my BW7 preorder

Quote Originally Posted by DSTAngieB
    I have to pay another $150 to upgrade the version I just bought 3 weeks ago? .... Had I known Bibleworks 7 was coming, I would have simply waited for the new version!
    I feel confident that someone who has just purchased 6.0 will be given a favorable upgrade price. BibleWorks' customer support and service has been excellent, and I've been with them since version 3.

O course, I would think there still needs to be some upgrade price. Looking at the new additions in version 7, I'm amazed at the extent of this upgrade. Sweeping rework of the "editor", the addition of some incredible value in "included" texts, and a fairly comprehensive rework of the program for usability. This is MAJOR. I can hardly wait.

Work through your upgrade price negotiations, and I'm thinking that you'll come of it a fan of both the software, and the software company.

Dale A. Brueggemann

כִּי עֶזְרָא הֵכִין לְבָבוֹ לִדְרוֹשׁ אֶת־תּוֹרַת יְהוָה וְלַעֲשֹׂת וּלְלַמֵּד בְּיִשְׂרָאֵל חֹק וּמִשְׁפָּט (Ezra 7:10)

Quote Originally Posted by tfjern
    I've been using BibleWorks for at least a decade, or so it seems, and I have bought and used numerous software products over the years. I can vouch that the staff of the company and Mike in particular are the most reputable and hardworking people you will probably ever encounter.
    Yeah you definitely have me beat, I only go back to 2000
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!

BibleWorks has a 30 day money back guarantee, so you will not lose any money. All that you need to do is return version 6 and then purchase version 7.

Mike