Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Chinese Bible?

Thanks Robin, I switched to PRC and I can view Chinese in Bibleworks 7 finally!

It works great, but there is some symbol mixed with the character (ie Gen 1:11, 26)

Anyways, except a few symbol, 98% of the content works great for now.

Thanks again Robin, I have been waiting for someone like you to reply with the add in.

Default Other Encodings

Quote Originally Posted by fadetheway
    Thanks Robin, I switched to PRC and I can view Chinese in Bibleworks 7 finally!

It works great, but there is some symbol mixed with the character (ie Gen 1:11, 26)

Anyways, except a few symbol, 98% of the content works great for now.

Thanks again Robin, I have been waiting for someone like you to reply with the add in.
    No problem. I'm also going to see if I can try to get the other 4 encodings worked out as well. I'm not sure but I think the one I uploaded might be specific only to PRC.

I can't check the symbol problem right now because I'm in a different encoding while I'm writing this message, but I'll see if there's anything I can do to fix that as well.

Blessings!
    Robin Song, M.Div
    Andrews University Theological Seminary
    Berrien Springs, MI

Default New Chinese Bible and FIX for Chinese Union Bible

For those who are interested, I've fixed the bug that was mentioned earlier in the Chinese Union Bible (there were a couple of other characters randomly appearing in some verses) PLUS I've finally compiled the New Chinese Bible in both Traditional and Simplified Versions. I will be uploading them later this week.

Stay tuned!

Robin
    Robin Song, M.Div
    Berrien Springs, MI

Default New East Asian Update Available

The East Asian Bibles have been fixed, increased, and are now available for download here:

https://www.bibleworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1647

It includes the following Bibles:

[Korean]
    - KOR Revised Korean Bible (1961)

[Chinese]
    - CU5 Chinese Union Version (1919) [Big5]
    - CUV Chinese Union Version (1919) [GB]
    - NCV New Chinese Version (1992) [Big5]
    - NCV New Chinese Version (1992) [GB]

[Japanese]
    - JKG Japanese (JapKUG) Bible
    - JSD Japanese (JapSNKD) Bible
    - JSI Japanese (JapSNKI) Bible

Robin
    Robin Song, M.Div
    Berrien Springs, MI

Default Where is the Chinese Bibles?

I am so disappointed at BibleWorks now that after such a long time we still cannot have the Chinese Bibles in it. The Union Version of the Chinese Bible is nearly a hundred years old, and now it has to be removed for COPYRIGHT issues? Why are Chinese Bibles available for Sword program and many other places online, but cannot be transported to BibleWorks?

For the mercy of Christ, and the million of Chinese souls, can BibleWorks do something to speed up the process?

John Chan

Default Chinese and WTM

I tried to add two chinese bibles to BW. It worked out ok. some minor display problems with some chinese characters. Can anyone suggest how to fix that?

A bigger problem i had is: whenever I use the "set version display order" and move the chinese version(s) ABOVE WTM. The WTM display will be messed up. I tested around several times. It doesn't have any problem for Greek or BGM or even WTT Hebrew text. It only occurs for Hebrew morphology version. See the attached images.

Can someone help fix this? I'd really appreciate.
    Attached Images Attached Images