PDA

View Full Version : Reapply Color Files?

cmyktaylor
08-23-2016, 06:35 PM
I've just updated to the latest 'Permanent' ESV on my Mac. However, in doing this, I've lost my .clr files that were associated with the ESV. Back when I ran BW on Parallels, I'd know how to reapply the .clr files, but I can't even find where these files are located or how I would go about this. Are my .clr files lost for good?

Donald Cobb
08-27-2016, 01:23 AM
I've just updated to the latest 'Permanent' ESV on my Mac. However, in doing this, I've lost my .clr files that were associated with the ESV. Back when I ran BW on Parallels, I'd know how to reapply the .clr files, but I can't even find where these files are located or how I would go about this. Are my .clr files lost for good?

Hello,

I can't help you with the problem of you clr files, but I do know how to access the usual stuff in BW in Mac. One thing that may help is to realize that, actually, there is no difference "under the hood" between BW for PC and BW for Mac. So if you know how to find something in BW under Parallels, you will be able to locate it in the Mac version. The only problem is getting to step one, and that's a tiny bit complicated.

You have to first go to you Mac HD, then to "users" => your account (bearing your name or some such) =>Library (in the more recent Macs, you will need to open your menu on Finder to "Go to", then press the Alt key for "Library" to appear) => application support =>BibleWorks => Bottles => BibleWorks (again) =>drive c => program files => BibleWorks 10... and you're in.

From there, if you know where your clr files were in Parallels, you should be able to find them in exactly the same place.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Don Cobb
Aix-en-Provence, France

cmyktaylor
08-27-2016, 06:00 PM
Hope that helps.

Excellent. That's really good to know.

As to my other question, I'm also a bit scared to try to apply my .clr files to the new install of ESV. Since I have no idea how these files are created, and I know the newest ESV does differ from the last version, I'm not sure if there would be a potential conflict. I guess I just reapply my font rules to make sure it's all clean.