PDA

View Full Version : Changing the Default Configuration

Eric
08-10-2016, 05:15 PM
Every so often I lose my configuration seemingly after an update. This is very frustrating because I have to go back a put everything back to the way I like it.

I went to the configuration manager and found that there are old configuration that work, but I don't want to have to run the configuration manager every time I open BW. Is there a way to change the Default configuration? I can't even find what file it is using or its location because the dialog box is not big enough and will not resize.

Thanks.

MGVH
08-10-2016, 09:19 PM
I'm not sure the configuration manager is what you want. That's usually used when multiple users are using the same system and each one wants their own configuration. (Or, a single user could use it if they have specially configured setups for doing different tasks.)
Look at section 74 in the Help file on "Backup and Restore."
Also, note what happens when you start BW and hold down the SHIFT key as you click to start it. A trouble-shooting options box will open, and one option is to restore a previous checkpoint.

Eric
08-11-2016, 01:25 PM
Thanks for your help and responding. It seems that the Restore function doesn't work well with Mac. It crashed when I tried to use it.