PDA

View Full Version : "Browse window link checkbox"??

DavidR
06-27-2015, 07:39 PM
In BW 9, I accidentally pressed L when the Command Line did not have focus. I got a message that said, "You have pressed the shortcut key 'l'. This shortcut key checks the browse window link checkbox." I have searched reasonably well in the various dialogues and the Help, but I cannot find what the browse window link checkbox is, or even where it is. I have no idea what I've turned on, or what it will do. Can anyone enlighten me?

Jim Wert
06-29-2015, 10:29 AM
I get exactly the same response in BW10 when, with the focus on the browse window, I press "l".
Selecting "Cancel" in the "BibleWorks Browse Window Shortcut Hints" box gives me exactly the same result as selecting "OK": no visible action.
Is this perhaps an undocumented non-feature?

Jim Wert
06-29-2015, 12:44 PM
Found this undocumented shortcut as well:

--Jim

DavidR
07-08-2015, 07:00 PM
Jim, I'm sorry I didn't respond. We were out of town at a church conference for a week, and I'm only just getting back to checking in on forums.

Is this a question for tech support? Or can anyone here indicate what the "browse window link checkbox" is?

MGVH
07-09-2015, 12:27 AM
Hmmm... pressing the "L" key in the Browse window seems to do two things:

It bookmarks that particular verse. Note that if you look in the bookmarked texts (I'm using BW10 now, and it is there at the top right of the Browse window.) That's a handy thing.
It also seems to be a toggle for scrolling through verses when using CTRL-SHIFT plus the wheel on the mouse. (This is my usual way of 'rolling' through verses.)

DavidR
07-09-2015, 09:56 AM
Hmmm... pressing the "L" key in the Browse window seems to do two things:

It bookmarks that particular verse. Note that if you look in the bookmarked texts (I'm using BW10 now, and it is there at the top right of the Browse window.) That's a handy thing.
It also seems to be a toggle for scrolling through verses when using CTRL-SHIFT plus the wheel on the mouse. (This is my usual way of 'rolling' through verses.)

Thanks, Michael. In BW9, I get the second of these effects, but not the first. Is bookmarking new to BW10? I don't see bookmarked texts in the Browse Window in BW9, nor can I find anything about it in the Help.

In any case, neither of these seems like it ought to be called "the browse window link checkbox." And the mouse-wheel verse-scrolling toggle doesn't seem to be documented in the Help any more than the browse window link checkbox.

I'm going to be moving to BW10 very soon, so perhaps I will no longer have this problem. Or perhaps I will have it in an even more obscure form.