PDA

View Full Version : go back to previous location

proskooniw
06-06-2015, 09:00 AM
Hello,

Often when I'm reading I don't pay attention to exactly what verse I'm reading. And then BW will glitch and change my location to a verse in the search window. It's a pain to have to go back and reread the chapter untill I find my place again.

Does anyone know how to go back to the last location?

Verse history doesn't work because it only remembers where I was when I enterd a verse, say Heb 12:1. But if I've read nearly to the end of the chapter it won't know what verse I was on before BW loaded a new location.

Mark Eddy
06-06-2015, 08:44 PM
If you have BW9 or earlier, there are back and forward arrows to the left of the browse window (the upper right corner of the search window). You can click on those until you find the verse you were in (but you cannot see ahead of time how close you are coming to the verse you want). It does remember more than searches, so it is better for you than the verse history list.
If you have BW10 in about the same location is a single back arrow. When you click on it BW10 produces a drop-down list of verses which were in your browse window for at least 5 seconds (by default, but you can right click on the arrow and choose the dwell time from 0 to 300 seconds). The most recent verse is at the top of the list, and the order changes every time you change verses (unlike the verse history list). That should show you the verse you want fairly near the top of the list.
Mark Eddy

proskooniw
06-07-2015, 09:38 AM
If you have BW10 in about the same location is a single back arrow. When you click on it you BW10 produces a drop-down list of verses which were in your browse window for at least 5 seconds (by default, but you can right click on the arrow and choose the dwell time from 0 to 300 seconds). The most recent verse is at the top of the list, and the order changes every time you change verses (unlike the verse history list). That should show you the verse you want fairly near the top of the list.
Mark Eddy

Thanks! I hadn't noticed that button. This will save a good bit of frustration! :D