PDA

View Full Version : BW9 on Macbook Air

JMH
01-26-2015, 11:01 AM
I recently bought a 15" retina Macbook Pro. It's everything you buy the rMBP for: beautiful screen, super quick. But sometimes I'm jealous of the size of my wife's 13" Macbook Air-- and the several hundred dollars I could get back if I were to downsize.

At any rate, I'm wondering about performance, specifically with Bibleworks. It opens and works very quickly on my machine (BW9 installed with the Mac Installer). But I have twice the RAM and almost twice the processor speed of the MBA.

Has anyone used BW9 on an Air, and could you comment on how quickly and easily it runs? What about while using multiple other programs? Any hiccups? Also happy to hear from anyone who's used the different notebooks and has thoughts on how they compare.

navilluspm
01-30-2015, 05:28 PM
I recently bought a 15" retina Macbook Pro. It's everything you buy the rMBP for: beautiful screen, super quick. But sometimes I'm jealous of the size of my wife's 13" Macbook Air-- and the several hundred dollars I could get back if I were to downsize.

At any rate, I'm wondering about performance, specifically with Bibleworks. It opens and works very quickly on my machine (BW9 installed with the Mac Installer). But I have twice the RAM and almost twice the processor speed of the MBA.

Has anyone used BW9 on an Air, and could you comment on how quickly and easily it runs? What about while using multiple other programs? Any hiccups? Also happy to hear from anyone who's used the different notebooks and has thoughts on how they compare.

I have a MacBook Air. My guess is that it will work as well on it as on your MacBook Pro. I don't think you will notice much of a performance hit at all. BibleWorks is good at keeping their hardware requirements low.

Since your wife has a MacBook Air, why don't you install Bibleworks on her Mac to see for yourself and uninstall it when you are done. BibleWorks is very easy to uninstall.