PDA

View Full Version : BW9.0 not responding on Mac after waken from long sleep

Martinzh
09-19-2014, 10:03 AM
It has happened twice.

The first time was yesterday. I put it into sleep mode for about 2hr. When I woke the computer up, BW was not responding.
The second time is this morning. I put the computer into sleep mode before I went to bed. The same problem appeared again when I woke the computer up.

Has any one experienced the same problem?

Donald Cobb
09-20-2014, 01:09 AM
It has happened twice.

The first time was yesterday. I put it into sleep mode for about 2hr. When I woke the computer up, BW was not responding.
The second time is this morning. I put the computer into sleep mode before I went to bed. The same problem appeared again when I woke the computer up.

Has any one experienced the same problem?

Hello MArtin,

I haven't experienced this problem, but it might be related to a couple of things: 1) the OS you are using. Mine is definitely not the most recent (I have 10.6.8). There might be glitch connected with a more recent version. 2) I also close down BibleWorks at the end of the day. I noticed, some time ago, that if I leave it on over night, it tends to become a little unstable. Just starting it up again takes care of the problem. I think that might have something to do with the Wine technology which seems to be less stable than native Mac software...

Regards,

Donald COBB
Aix-en-Provence, France

Martinzh
09-28-2014, 11:57 PM
Another issue is: BW causes the fan to run from 1300rpm to 4000+rpm when it does not respond.
After I force BW to close, the fan speed will drop to normal again (1300rmp).