PDA

View Full Version : Using shortcuts on the Mac version of BibleWorks

rciampa
08-08-2014, 11:09 AM
Hi, I've been using BibleWorks forever (since it was delivered on a million 3.5" disks), but am now new to using it on the native Mac version. I'm having trouble using shortcuts. I'm trying to get the browse windows to scroll from verse to verse with the up and down arrows (rather than scrolling up and down from within the same browse window). But when I try to do shift-Ctl or shift-command up or down I get different (Mac) results and no change to my BibleWorks experience. Can anyone help? Is there another way to do that, or a different set of Mac shortcuts that I have missed?

Running BW on new Mac pro with the latest versions of OS and of BibleWorks.

Thanks,

Roy

AbramKJ
08-09-2014, 12:03 PM
Hi, I've been using BibleWorks forever (since it was delivered on a million 3.5" disks), but am now new to using it on the native Mac version. I'm having trouble using shortcuts. I'm trying to get the browse windows to scroll from verse to verse with the up and down arrows (rather than scrolling up and down from within the same browse window). But when I try to do shift-Ctl or shift-command up or down I get different (Mac) results and no change to my BibleWorks experience. Can anyone help? Is there another way to do that, or a different set of Mac shortcuts that I have missed?

Running BW on new Mac pro with the latest versions of OS and of BibleWorks.

Thanks,

Roy

I wonder if this was broken in a recent update, because I used to be able to change modes on a Mac. In fact, my BibleWorks now does what Dr. Ciampa describes wanting to do (because at some point I changed it from its default of "Scroll Mode Off"), but I cannot change it back using the same shortcut keys that changed it previously.

jbasinger
06-09-2015, 06:50 PM
Is there a way to use shortcuts on Mac Bibleworks10? I can't scroll from verse to verse on Browse window

AbramKJ
06-10-2015, 05:08 PM
Is there a way to use shortcuts on Mac Bibleworks10? I can't scroll from verse to verse on Browse window

Now that I've got BW10 installed on a Mac, I'm having the same issues, and can't scroll verse to verse. I even went to Help/Hints/Enable Shortcuts for keyboard shortcuts, and then tried toggling, but that didn't work.

AbramKJ
06-12-2015, 03:11 PM
Now that I've got BW10 installed on a Mac, I'm having the same issues, and can't scroll verse to verse. I even went to Help/Hints/Enable Shortcuts for keyboard shortcuts, and then tried toggling, but that didn't work.

I emailed someone from BibleWorks about this, and got a reply that Control + Option with the one hand and then the up and down arrow keys with the other works for scrolling manually. Then I added shift to the mix (so Shift+Control+Option+Down), and then noticed it changed it permanently to synch mode. Now I can navigate by verse again with just the up and down arrows.

Maybe this will work for others, too?