View Full Version : unicode to Bilbleworks

03-12-2009, 04:01 AM
We are using version 7 and trying to insert a new greek version. Found an old script to convert from unicode to bw (bwgrkl font), it has some bugs which we corrected, but there is still one we cannot: to convert the question mark. While on editor the question mark looks right (with bwgrkl font), after inserting the new version the question mark changed to another character.

Also, exporting a greek version from bw7, the question marks are just white squares.

Please can you help to convert the greek question mark ( ; ) from unicode to bwgrkl font and the result in the program to be the desired one?

Thanks a lot!

03-13-2009, 09:40 AM
I am a novice when it comes to building macros to convert stuff. I've dabbled in the past, but I'm willing to take a look. Send me a copy of your revised macro to the following address:

jdarlack gcts edu

(I'm sure you know how to fill in the blanks!)

03-14-2009, 05:10 AM
Well, first of all one clarification. The old script is actually from this forum (http://www.bibleworks.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2174#poststop). The bugs are related with some punctuation marks which were not converted right. After some corrections (for that situations we encountered) although the conversion looks good in the editor with the bwgrkl font, after importing in Bibleworks that mistakes were still there.

Searching the help for CCAT I found somewhere that for Greek and Hebrew the text must be in CCAT standard (please correct me if I'm wrong!). Anyway because we cannot import with native format we are going to try with CCAT format.

I found an old thread (http://www.bibleworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=511&highlight=unicode+bwgrkl) where jdarlack (http://www.bibleworks.com/forums/member.php?u=30) talks about such a script to convert Unicode to CCAT, but I didn't find the links to it.

Can someone tell me where to find that lost golden script?

03-16-2009, 03:32 PM
Hello chrysmon. I received your email, but I get an error message when I try to reply. I have found that CCAT works better as well. Unfortunately, I've lost the macro. I'm asking a few folks who may still have it. If I track it down, I'll let you know!

03-16-2009, 03:45 PM
Here's the macro in a TXT file:

unicode2ccat.txt (http://bibleworks.oldinthenew.org/misc/unicode2ccat.txt)

Michael Hanel was kind enough to send it my way. He notes that the last 6 lines or so (where there is break) represent additions he made to the macro for other characters. Depending on what source one is working with, they can do goofy things in the conversion.

Michael Hanel
03-25-2009, 10:29 AM
Pasquale's problem had to do with turning the "smart quotes" function of Word off. A word to the wise, although some of Word's auto-correct functions are useful, when doing these text macros, they will more often than not mess up what you were trying to do. I think there's a way to turn them off automatically in running the Macro (i.e. a few lines that could be added to the beginning of the macro), but it would take me more time to figure out how to do that than it's worth. I'm sure someone smarter than I could provide a quicker answer.