PDA

View Full Version : Link BW7 ----> Libronix Luther's Works

peterbu
11-25-2006, 12:10 PM
Hi,
I would like to link to Libronix's Luther's Works from BW7. I am able to get it(Libronix) to launch, but I don't get any search matching done (maybe this is not possible with this product?). I have created a collection in Libronix for this purpose. Here is some detail.

Please advise if you have any suggestions.

Thanks,
Pete

Ben Spackman
11-25-2006, 06:02 PM
If you're looking to see whether Luther refers to a particular verse, the following will open Libronix and set it up. You just have to hit enter after the search dialogue appears.

Copy the following into the "Webpage, file, or executable to run" verbatim, and add the name of your luther collection after "collection-name="

libronixdls:dialog|name=SearchBasic|search=bible in "<Book> <Chapter>:<Verse>"|collection-name=

Mark Langley
12-01-2006, 02:54 PM
Hi Pete and Ben,

I have tried to link Luther's works as well but with no success. I also have Baker's NT commentaries that I am trying to get to work.

peterbu
12-10-2006, 09:17 AM
OK. Thanks anyway guys.
-Pete

Michael Hanel
12-10-2006, 09:48 AM
OK. Thanks anyway guys.
-Pete

Odd, by doing the same function as Ben (libronixdls:dialog|name=SearchBasic|search=bible in "<Book> <Chapter>:<Verse>"|collection-name=Luther) ~ assumes you've named your collection of Luther's Works "Luther"), I can get this to work just fine as well. Why would it work for some, but not others?

Rooster
01-23-2007, 08:35 PM
Just obtained Bible Works and I followed the above suggestions to link to Luther's Works. luther's Works loads and the search screen appears but below is in the search box.
bible in "<Book> <Chapter>:<Verse>

Fixed it.

jcvictory
03-08-2007, 06:25 PM
I also got it to work by using "Luther" as my collection name. However, under "Menu Location or Event", I have selected "Browse Window All" so that I can highlight a verse and do a LW search from anywhere.

James

SES
10-11-2007, 09:23 PM
Any updates on this thread? I am a new BibleWorks user and, by using the suggestions in this thread, can get Logos to open but it will not search my Luther's Works collection.

Thanks!

Scott

MGVH
10-11-2007, 10:13 PM
Hi there, SES!!!
One thing to check: the executable line doesn't like spaces. If you named your collection "Luther Works" I'm guessing it won't work. Use a single word or at least no spaces.
That's also why even in listing book/chapter/verse, I think you need:

<Book>%20<Chapter>%3A<Verse>

That is, %20 is the hex code for a space and %3A is the hex code for a colon.

Maybe it helps?

SES
10-12-2007, 11:47 PM
With the kind and gracious assistance of MGVH, we were able to get Luther's Works to link w/BB7 in two different (and very useful) ways. In both cases, my Logos library of Luther's Works is named "Luther", so make the necessary alterations if your library has a different name.

To link a search by verse:

libronixdls:dialog|name=SearchBasic|search=%22<Book>%20<Chapter>%3A<Verse>%22|collection-name=Luther

To link a search by words/terms:

libronixdls:dialog|name=SearchBasic|search=<dummy>|collection-name=Luther

SES:D

MGVH
10-13-2007, 10:17 AM
Played with it just a bit more...
To initiate a search for a Bible verse in a Logos collection, this is your best option. (EDIT: Note: there should be no spaces in this line. For some odd reason, when submitting this post, it insists on putting a space between 3 and D. You need to remove it if you try copy/paste.)

libronixdls:dialog|name=SearchBasic|search=bible%3 D%22<Book>%20<Chapter>%3A<Verse>%22|collection-name=******

****** is your collection name.
For finding verse refs, remember to have BW
provide "Verse Reference" with "Bible Verse" text type.
You can use "Browse Window All" and map verses to RSV or KJV.