PDA

View Full Version : German book names file

Charlie
10-06-2006, 11:07 AM
I am sorry to write in English, but I do not know German. I am writing to address an issue recently brought to my attention from a BibleWorks user in Germany.

It is possible in BibleWorks to change the book names used to display the names of books and used to call up passages on the command line. Several years ago a BibleWorks user translated our book name file into German and we have included it in BibleWorks as a book name file (german books.bna), but apparently this book name file still needs work.

I am posting this message to see if any of you are able and willing to help your fellow German-speaking users by translating some of these book names.

You can read details of how BilbeWorks handles book names by clicking Tools>Options, going to the Book Names tab and clicking Help.

Once you have read the help file mentioned above, open the zipped DEUTSCH BUCHT.TXT file that is attached and you will notice a line for each book in the following format:

Gen,Genesis,Gen.,Gen,Genesis,Gn,1mo
Exo,Exodus,Exod.,Exo,Exodus,Ex,2mo
Lev,Leviticus,Lev.,Lev,Leviticus,Lv,3mo
Num,Numbers,Num.,Num,Numbers,Nu,4mo
Deu,Deuteronomy,Deut.,Deu,Deuteronomy,Dt,5mo

Essentially all we need to do is translate every item other than the first item of each line.

The second item in each line is the book name that is printed with references in the Browse Window (the Results Window in BW6 and earlier).

The third item in each line is the book name that is used when the list of search hits is exported without the text of the verses.

Even if you can only translate 10 lines it would be very helpful. You can just post your translated lines in your message or you can attach a text file as I have done here.

To use the attached TXT file as a book name file in BibleWorks just change the file extention from TXT to BNA and then copy the file to your BibleWorks\Init folder. Then click Tools>Options>Book Names and Open the file.

Adelphos
10-06-2006, 11:15 PM
Even if you can only translate 10 lines it would be very helpful.

I've translated the enclosed "Deutsch book.txt" file through 2 Chronicles. However, I don't know if the format is right, so before I go further you can check it out.

Ich habe "Deutsch book.txt" bis 2 Chronik übersetzt. Ich weiß nicht ob das Format korrekt ist. Sie können schauen.

Adelphos
10-07-2006, 07:07 PM
I've now translated the OT and the NT in the "Deutsche books.txt" file. I think I've got it mostly correct, although the formatting seems different in some places for some reason. In any event, I followed it as best I could.

I'll leave the remaining Apoc for someone else.

Ich habe "Deutsch book.txt" bis Alten und Neuen Testaments übersetzt. Jemand kann den Rest tun.

Charlie
10-09-2006, 09:33 AM
It looks good Scott. However, the first entry in each line must be left as it was in the original. It is the abbreviation used internally in the program and cannot currently be changed. For example, the line for Job must have "Job" as the first item.

Job,Hiob,Hio,Hio,Hiob,Hb,hio

It cannot be the following:
Hiob,Hiob,Hio,Hio,Hiob,Hb,hio

I have corrected the file you posted and attached it here. Let me know if any of you have questions.

When this is completed it should be a big help German-speaking BibleWorks users.

Charlie
10-09-2006, 09:50 AM
Anyone want to translate the following appocryphal books? Remember you must leave the initial abbreviation in each line as it is. It's only 29 lines.

1Es,1 Esdras,1 Es.,1Es,1Esdras
Jdt,Judith,Jdt.,Jdt,Judith
Tob,Tobit,Tob.,Tob,Tobit
1Ma,1 Maccabees,1 Ma.,1Ma,1Maccabees
2Ma,2 Maccabees,2 Ma.,2Ma,2Maccabees
3Ma,3 Maccabees,3 Ma.,3Ma,3Maccabees
4Ma,4 Maccabees,4 Ma.,4Ma,4Maccabees
Ode,Odes,Odes,Ode,Odes
Wis,Wisdom,Wis.,Wis,Wisdom,Sap,Sapientia
Sip,Sirach Prolog,Sip.,Sip,Sip
Sir,Sirach,Sir.,Sir,Sirach
Pss,Psalms of Solomon,Ps. Sol.,Pss
Bar,Baruch,Bar.,Bar,Baruch
Epj,Epistle of Jeremiah,Ep. Jer.,Epj
Sus,Susanna,Sus.,Sus,Susanna
Bel,Bel,Bel.,Bel,Bel
Pra,Prayer of Azariah,Pr. Az.,Pra,Azariah
Dng,Daniel (greek),Dan.Gr.,Dng,Dng
Prm,Prayer of Manasseh,Pr. Man.,Prm,Manasseh
Psx,Psalm 151,Psx.,Psx
Lao,Laodiceans,Lao.,Lao,Laodiceans
4Es,4 Esdras,4 Es.,4Es,4Esdras,2Es
Esg,Ester (Greek),Esg.,Esg
Jsa,Joshua (A),Jsa.,Jsa
Jda,Judges (A),Jda.,Jda
Tbs,Tobit (S),Tbs.,Tbs
Sut,Susanna (TH),Sut.,Sut
Dat,Daniel (TH),Dat.,Dat
Bet,Bel (TH),Bet.,Bet

Adelphos
10-09-2006, 05:04 PM
Anyone want to translate the following appocryphal books? Remember you must leave the initial abbreviation in each line as it is. It's only 29 lines.

If nobody else does it, I'll give it a shot when I get time.

Adelphos
10-09-2006, 05:45 PM
Okay, I've finished the apoc. However, the order and books are different in the German bible than the English, and so there may be a few discrepancies which I don't care to synchronize. Otherwise it's pretty much complete.

Charlie
10-10-2006, 09:57 AM
Thanks Scott,

Here are the book name lines for the apocrypha thus far, with the few changes I made colored in red. And changes that I believe still need to be made in blue. I would hope someone from Germany would help us two Americans get these book names right.

Jdt,Judit,Jdt.,Jdt,Judit
Tob,Tobias,Tob.,Tob,Tobias,Tobit
1Ma,1 Makkabäer,1 Ma.,1Ma,1Makkabäer,1Mak
2Ma,2 Makkabäer,2 Ma.,2Ma,2Makkabäer,2Mak
3Ma,3 Makkabäer,3 Ma.,3Ma,3Makkabäer,3Mak
4Ma,4 Makkabäer,4 Ma.,4Ma,4Makkabäer,4Mak
Ode,Odes,Odes,Ode,Odes
Wis,Weisheit,Wis.,Wis,Weisheit,Sap,Sapientia
Sip,Sirach Prolog,Sip.,Sip,Sirp
Pss,Psalmen von Salomo,Ps. Sol.,Pss
Bel,Bel,Bel.,Bel
Pra,Gebet Asarjas,Pr. Az.,Pra,Asarjas
Dng,Daniel (Griechisch),Dan.Gr.,Dng
Prm,Gebet Manasses,Pr. Man.,Prm,Manasses
Psx,Psalm 151,Psx.,Psx
Esg,Ester (Griechisch),Esg.,Esg
Jsa,Josua (A),Jsa.,Jsa
Jda,Richter (A),rca,rica,Jda.,Jda
Tbs,Tobias (S),Tbs.,Tbs
Dat,Daniel (TH),Dat.,Dat
Bet,Bel (TH),Bet.,Bet

Adelphos
10-11-2006, 05:46 PM
Jdt,Judit,Jdt.,Jdt,Judit
Tob,Tobias,Tob.,Tob,Tobias,Tobit
1Ma,1 Makkabäer,1 Ma.,1Ma,1Makkabäer,1Mak
2Ma,2 Makkabäer,2 Ma.,2Ma,2Makkabäer,2Mak
3Ma,3 Makkabäer,3 Ma.,3Ma,3Makkabäer,3Mak
4Ma,4 Makkabäer,4 Ma.,4Ma,4Makkabäer,4Mak
Ode,Odes,Odes,Ode,Odes
Wis,Weisheit,Wis.,Wis,Weisheit,Sap,Sapientia
Sip,Sirach Prolog,Sip.,Sip,Sirp
Pss,Psalmen von Salomo,Ps. Sol.,Pss
Bel,Bel,Bel.,Bel
Pra,Gebet Asarjas,Pr. Az.,Pra,Asarjas
Dng,Daniel (Griechisch),Dan.Gr.,Dng
Prm,Gebet Manasses,Pr. Man.,Prm,Manasses
Psx,Psalm 151,Psx.,Psx
Esg,Ester (Griechisch),Esg.,Esg
Jsa,Josua (A),Jsa.,Jsa
Jda,Richter (A),rca,rica,Jda.,Jda
Tbs,Tobias (S),Tbs.,Tbs
Dat,Daniel (TH),Dat.,Dat
Bet,Bel (TH),Bet.,Bet

Weiß jeder die korrekten deutschen Namen vom Text in blaue bestimmte oben? Wenn so, bitte schreibt es hier.