69 License Agreement and Return Policy
By opening the BibleWorks package you agree to be bound by all the terms and conditions of this agreement. If you do not agree to be so bound, you may return the BibleWorks software, databases and all associated materials, including documentation, for a full refund, in accordance with your dealer's return policy.
1. OWNERSHIP. BibleWorks, LLC retains title and all other rights it may own, including copyrights, trade secret rights and other intellectual property rights, in the BibleWorks software, databases and documentation licensed hereunder, except for those rights expressly licensed in this Agreement.
2. LICENSE. By this Agreement, you are hereby granted a non-exclusive sublicense to use this copy of the BibleWorks software, as well as databases included in the basic license fee and additional databases for which you have paid an unlock fee (the basic license fee and the unlock fee shall be collectively known as "license fee" herein) (all such databases shall be collectively known as "databases" herein) and the associated documentation, under the following terms:
a. You may:
i. use the BibleWorks software and databases: (a) on a single, non-networked computer, or (b) on several non-networked computers provided that the BibleWorks software and databases are not used by more than one user per license fee paid at any one time, or (c) on several computers in a single local area network, provided that the BibleWorks software and databases are not used by more than one user per license fee paid at any one time; and
ii. make a single copy of the BibleWorks software and databases in machine-readable form solely for the purpose of archiving, provided that you reproduce all proprietary notices on this copy.
b. You may not:
i. (except as expressly provided for by the BibleWorks software, databases and documentation) modify, translate, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, create derivative works based on, or copy (except for the archived copy described above) the BibleWorks software, databases or the associated documentation; and
ii. rent, lease, loan or transfer a portion of any rights in the BibleWorks software, databases or the documentation, in any form, without the prior written consent of BibleWorks, LLC, except as provided in Paragraph Five (¶5) of this Agreement.
3. WARRANTY DISCLAIMER. The BibleWorks software, databases and associated documentation are provided to you without warranty of any kind, including the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for particular purpose and non-infringement. If your transaction was through an authorized dealer, be aware that the dealer is not authorized to vary the terms of this agreement or make any representation or warranties on behalf of BibleWorks, LLC.
4. LIMITATION OF REMEDIES. The exclusive extent of your remedies in equity and at law (and the sole liabilities of your dealer and BibleWorks, LLC) are: (a) replacement of a copy of the BibleWorks software, databases and documentation; or (b) refund of the license fee; either (a) or (b) of the foregoing being at the option and in the sole discretion of BibleWorks, LLC.
Neither your dealer nor BibleWorks, LLC shall be liable for any consequential, incidental, special, exemplary or other direct or indirect damages arising from use, results of use, or the inability to use the BibleWorks software, databases or associated documentation. Some states do not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you.
5. MISCELLANEOUS. This Agreement supersedes any prior agreement pertaining to its subject matter. This Agreement shall be construed as if it had been made and performed in the Commonwealth of Virginia. If any provision of this Agreement is held invalid, the remainder of this Agreement shall continue in full force and effect. You may not assign or delegate rights or obligations under this Agreement unless you:
(a) assign and delegate all of your rights and obligations hereunder to another (the "Transferee") who agrees to be bound by all the terms and conditions of this Agreement as if the Transferee had originally been bound thereby, and
(b) transfer all of the BibleWorks software, databases and documentation licensed under this Agreement, including any archive copy made pursuant to this Agreement, to the Transferee. This Agreement shall inure to the benefit of any successors, assigns or delegates of BibleWorks, LLC.
Copyright © 2012 BibleWorks, LLC
If you licensed BibleWorks directly from BibleWorks, LLC you can return it to BibleWorks for any reason within 30 days after it was licensed. Under the terms of this Warranty you are entitled to a full refund less shipping and handling. To qualify for the refund, the returned product must be received by BibleWorks no later than 45 days after the date of license identified on the invoice shipped with the product.
The intent of this warranty is to give you sufficient time to decide whether BibleWorks fulfills your Bible research and study needs. You do not need to obtain a Return Merchandise Authorization Number, but please feel free to call us if there is any way we can help you overcome obstacles you may have encountered in the use of BibleWorks.
If you decide to return BibleWorks, please follow this procedure:
If you bought BibleWorks from a bookstore or catalog, and not from BibleWorks directly, then you must deal directly with the organization from which you licensed the product. It may or may not have a 30-day Money Back Return Policy.
The product must be in as-new resalable condition and must be returned in a package adequate to protect the product from damage during shipping.
You must reference the BibleWorks invoice number on the address label.
You must also include a copy or the original invoice inside the shipping box.
You must also include a letter
explaining why you are returning the package.
Send the package postage prepaid (and
insured, if there is high risk) to :
BibleWorks: Software Invoice #____________
P. O. Box 6158
Norfolk VA 23508 USA.
Once your letter and the product (in as-new condition) are received, BibleWorks will issue a full refund [less shipping and handling] via Credit Card or a US$ Check. Please allow 30 days for processing.
Then, of course, you must erase all copies of BibleWorks from your computer.