With five or more BibleWorks users at your organization, you may be eligible for discounted site license pricing. BibleWorks network/multi-user/site licensing is available to churches, seminaries, Bible colleges, universities, libraries, and other institutions and organizations.
BIBLEWORKS NETWORK/MULTI-USER LICENSE POLICY
- A BibleWorks network (site) license is available for up to a given number of simultaneous permanent party (faculty and staff) users (controlled and accountable "nodes") at one physically contiguous site (or within one network domain), with the exception outlined in point 3 below.
- While BibleWorks may be installed on the entire site network and/or workstations, the institution must limit concurrent access (such as via metering software or controlled standalone installations) to the given number of nodes (simultaneous users) licensed. If concurrent access cannot be controlled and verified, each networked or standalone computer must count as one node.
- Permission is granted for use on institution-owned machines in a multi-user library facility or computer lab facility, and for faculty use at home offices within the constraints of this license, as outlined in points 1 and 2 above.
a. Faculty permission to use BibleWorks at home offices (or laptops) does not release the institution from the constraint of limited concurrent access.
b. Faculty permission to use BibleWorks at a home office is under the umbrella of the institution's site license. License ownership remains with the school. Faculty members may not take site license copies of BibleWorks with them if they leave the institution.
c. Example: An institution has a 15-node license, 5 nodes for student access in the computer lab and 10 for the 10 professors in the Biblical Studies department. Since only Biblical Studies professors can access these 10 nodes at school, those 10 professors are also permitted to install BibleWorks in their home offices.
- Except for faculty and staff users, BibleWorks may not be run over remote session services such as Remote Desktop Services, Citrix, VPN access, etc. Faculty and staff users may use remote access to run BibleWorks if they are also permitted to run BibleWorks at a home office (as above).
- Minimum BibleWorks 10 Site/Multi-User/Network License: five (5) user nodes for US$1250.
- Each additional BibleWorks 10 user node is $250 and may be ordered later.
- Shipping & handling are additional. If you already have a BibleWorks 10 unit, it may be used for installation on other nodes. If you prefer to have additional boxed units, we can ship up to two physical boxed units with your order.
- This license fee does not cover costs for any future upgrades from BibleWorks 10. To upgrade a site license from BibleWorks 8 or 9, the upgrade license fee is $125.00 per node.
- Extra-cost BibleWorks modules may be installed as part of site licenses at similar discounts. Please contact BibleWorks for exact prices. If BibleWorks is being run from a server, the number of module licenses must match the number of BibleWorks nodes.
ANSWERS TO COMMON NETWORK/SITE LICENSE QUESTIONS
- What are network system requirements for BibleWorks?
Using procedures in the "Frequently Asked Questions (Installation)" section of the BibleWorks web site, BibleWorks can be installed on a server so that only a few files are installed on client machine hard drives. BibleWorks Customer Support can assist with the network installation.
- Is there a separate network version of BibleWorks?
We do not have a separate "Network" or "Multi-user" version. The standard BibleWorks program will work on Windows machines over a network. BibleWorks also permits "Personalized Network Configurations," a feature enabling network system operators to set up "user accounts" on the main server computer. Individual users can have their own BibleWorks configurations--personal verse notes, preferences, etc.--when they access BibleWorks from any computer on the node.
- Can a site license be used with the BW10 Mac Installer on Apple computers?
Yes, but only in a standalone mode. Each Apple computer node needs a copy of the Installer.
- How do I order or upgrade a site license?
Contact us at +1-757-627-7100 or firstname.lastname@example.org with your organization's purchase order or to arrange prepayment. We usually grant institutions 30-day payment terms on request. Site licenses cannot be ordered or upgraded through the BibleWorks Internet Store.
- How do I register a site license?
Site license serial numbers are to be registered only by a designated "site license administrator" at the licensing institution (not by license users). This administrator serves as BibleWorks's point of contact for further orders, support, and correspondence concerning the site license.